Hard Rock cycle park, Ocala FL

Reviews of riding areas...
Bailey28

Hard Rock cycle park, Ocala FL

Post by Bailey28 »

I haven't seen a review of this place yet, so I will be the first.

If you like a variety of things to do then you will love Hardrock in Ocala Florida. There are 6 different tracks you can ride, one being a peewee track if you have small children tagging along.

The main MX track is a super hard limestone blue-groove track, and is best approached by rolling most of the obstacles out there on a KDX, unless you set yours up for MX. The track is dry, slippery, and gnarly. Some of the pro's come here to practice for SX racing in the spring.

The sand track is awesome. Deep beach/sugar sand, huge Daytona berms, whoops, and table tops. You can ride this track as fast as you want on the KDX, as long as you can hold on. It is an endurance builder.

The outback track is a great vintage or starter track. Hard limestone again, but with small tables and hardpacked berms, you can get around this thing quick on the KDX if you have the nerve to "flat track" your bike.

The Euro GP Rollercoaster track is hard limestone with 100 foot elevation changes which are real steep uphill and downhill climbs. You can only go so fast on this one without bailing over the side on accident!

The woods trails are great, lots of tight twisties in the trees and many elevation changes. You eventually ride up and down in an old rock quarry, for a good distance.

Members entrance fee is $20.00 per rider, and they have on site restrooms and a store that rivals many local dealers' showrooms. They hold races from time to time like vintage mx, woods, etc. Around here, this place is the best "bang for the buck" to me.
FAZ