Flint Creek - Bankhead Natl Forest - Alabama

Reviews of riding areas...
MikeyMike

Post by MikeyMike »

I bought a beautiful, very lightly used 1989 KDX200 last year after moving to Huntsville, AL. It probably would have been wise to check out the local riding areas first. There is literally no place to trail ride within 50 miles. The closest plase is the Flint Creek Multi Use Trails in the Bankhead National Forest, about 55 miles from Huntsville, west of Hartselle. I would consider it to be easy trails. Terrain ranges from some very rocky areas to sand washes. Some pretty high berms due to the amount of atv traffic. My main problem with the area is that its a two way trail and later in the day there is alot of slow four wheeler traffic. Nothing like blasting around a corner to find two good ole boys poking along coming right at you. Its basically a figure eight setup with a "beginner" section and an "advanced" section. Not much difference between the two except for some more difficult rocky hills in the advanced section. I believe its about 4 miles of trail in the easy section and a total of 16 miles in the whole loop. Not the best of options but when I got the itch to ride it works. From Hartselle take Hwy 36 west to Danville, then south on Hwy 41. Cross Hwy 157, go about 4 miles and look for Forest road (dirt road) 249 on the right. 4.5 miles down FR 249 and you'll run right into the parking area.
lndsus8

Post by lndsus8 »

CHECK OUT TRACE STATE PARK IN PONTOTOC MS. NOT QUITE SURE HOW FAR IT IS FOR YOU, HAS BATH HOUSE AT TRAIL HEAD AND LOTS OF VARYING TRAILS. CHECK OUT THE GUYS AT TNRIDEREPORTS.COM. WONDERFUL BUNCH.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Hi from another Madison county resident. :grin:

Thanks for the info on the trails. If you want to give it a try, there is "The Ridge" near Springville. Also, there is JB Motocross close to the airport. Look on the JMR Powersports forum.

Check out Highland Park. It is not very close, but worth your while when you make the trip over to the Cedartwon, GA area.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128