Coal Creek TN

Reviews of riding areas...
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Coal Creek TN

Post by Julien D »

Heading down there next weekend. Anybody been?
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

looks like too many offroad options ... dangerous? BUT! 72,000 ACRES??!! Dang! Maybe not so dangerous? Will be waiting for your overview! Enjoy! :supz:
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Yeah, am gonna be sure to have my GPS handy, and hope they have good trail maps. I'll try to get some pics....
ihatefalling
Supporting Member

Post by ihatefalling »

I've been there several times. seems like there is a south and north end to the park. MOST of coal creek is jeep/4 wheeler stuff but....folks say there is some good single tracn the north end but you have to find someone who knows where it is to show you. The trail maps don't show it. I could be wrong tho, maybe by now they have changed the maps. You could get on some other forums and maybe find someone who knows where the ST is.

If you can, find your way up to the windmills. Park and walk to one of them and stand under it. They are HUGE and the blades may the coolest "wooosh" sound you have ever heard.
2005 KDX 220
R&B Carb Mod
R&B Head Mod
Fork Swap - 99 KX125 Valved for B woods plush
FMF Gnarley
Airbox Mod
Tagged
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

lol, i'll look for that, thanks!
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

well, we cut the trip short but i'll definitely be going back. We were supposed to be riding today. I took a pretty good spill yesterday though, busted up my helmet and screwed up my right hand. I was gonna stay and ride, it doesn't hurt THAT bad, lol... But we got back to the truck after my bail, took a break, ate, then headed up toward the windmills when my buddies KTM locked up. I think he spun a rod bearing or something. Bummer. We headed home last night after riding from 8am to 3pm. We covered quite a few of the trails on the south side. We were gonna head to the north side this morning. Instead i'm having coffee and licking my wounds, lol....

I came up on a log crossing, popped the front wheel over, and the underside of the bike caught up on the log. Bike stopped instantly, of course I didn't. Went over the bars and came to a sudden stop with my head against a rock. I guess I went to catch myself with my hand, happened to fast to be sure. It was instant fire in my right hand though when all my fingers got bent over backwards. I don't recommend it..... Helmets scuffed up pretty bad, visor broken. I'm pretty much ok though. Nothing broken in my hand so far as i can tell. Just swollen and stiff. Neck is a bit stiff too. Pretty lucky I reckon.

As for coal creek... It's huge, fast, and pretty awesome. I wish we woulda got to some of the single track. There's always next time. Might try to head back down in a couple weeks. We were gonna fix up the helmet cam and get some video today. obviously that didn't happen....

:?
ihatefalling
Supporting Member

Post by ihatefalling »

Glad to hear you're not "hurt". :cool:
2005 KDX 220
R&B Carb Mod
R&B Head Mod
Fork Swap - 99 KX125 Valved for B woods plush
FMF Gnarley
Airbox Mod
Tagged
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

if you busted up yer helmet, get an mri of yer head if you start to have headaches! it's amazing how much bangin' up the head can take; but it's even more amazing how a little bangin' up can seriously mess you up.
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Geesh... I hate to hear of get offs like this... but it has happened to most all of us before. I can picture it in my mind.... Heal up and get back on that horse! :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

So far my heads ok. Neck is awful sore though, noticed pains this morning that I didn't yesterday of course. My entire right arm, blah blah. Right hand is still def the worst. Pretty limited range of motion there. My sweet lil wifey went out and bought me a brace this morning. I checked it really well, nothing broken I'm sure. Just stretched and bruised I guess.

Would take a lot more than that to get me off the bike, lol. I just need a few days to heal up is all. I'll be right back out there. This is def the worst get off I've had on the kdx though. Kinda scary for a moment there. At least the bike is fine, and ready to go whenever I'm ready to get back out!

Thanks ya'll, for the support :)

J.