Any KDX riders in central/northwestern part of NJ?

Reviews of riding areas...
92kdxRider
Supporting Member

Any KDX riders in central/northwestern part of NJ?

Post by 92kdxRider »

Hey folks, how we doing? Just wondering if theres any riders on the forum from NJ. Always looking for someone new to ride with/new places to ride. Its pretty tricky riding "legally" here in the Dirty Jersey. I'm in Hunterdon County, off of route 78. If anyones within a half hour drive and has a good spot or wants to come out by me and do a ride I know 2 or 3 good spots in my area that are safe to ride. Hoping we can get a decent group together. Anybody out there?
92kdxRider
Supporting Member

Post by 92kdxRider »

Nobody on here is from NJ?
themadindian
Supporting Member

Post by themadindian »

>|<>QBB<
92kdxRider wrote:Nobody on here is from NJ?
Im on the NY NJ border in Greenwood Lake
1998 KDX 200
1999 Vulcan 1500a
2004 ZRX 1200
92kdxRider
Supporting Member

Post by 92kdxRider »

>|<>QBB<
themadindian wrote:>|<>QBB<
Just googled it, looks like a cool spot to live. Are you on the Jersey or NY side? If you'd like to meet up and do some riding sometime before the season ends, def let me know. Always interested in meeting new people and new riding areas.
themadindian
Supporting Member

Post by themadindian »

>|<>QBB<
92kdxRider wrote:>|<>QBB<
themadindian wrote:>|<>QBB<
Just googled it, looks like a cool spot to live. Are you on the Jersey or NY side? If you'd like to meet up and do some riding sometime before the season ends, def let me know. Always interested in meeting new people and new riding areas.
Yea that would be kool there just no place legal around here anymore, I'm thinking about a trip to unadilla to valley view but thats a hike
1998 KDX 200
1999 Vulcan 1500a
2004 ZRX 1200
92kdxRider
Supporting Member

Post by 92kdxRider »

There's a spot I know of in central PA in coal country called Trevorton, which is the name of the town. It's owned by Reading Anthracite but for 100 bucks a year you get an all access pass to hunt and ride on their property. It's 22,000 acres or trails and hillclimbs. It's supposed to be amazing and I've been wanting to go there for a while now. Not sure how far it would be for you but Its about 2hrs and 30mins from me. You can Google Trevorton, PA and see how far it is. I been trying to get a trip together with a bunch of riding buddies from my area before the end of the season. If It actually works out you'll be the first to know.
themadindian
Supporting Member

Post by themadindian »

>|<>QBB<
92kdxRider wrote:There's a spot I know of in central PA in coal country called Trevorton, which is the name of the town. It's owned by Reading Anthracite but for 100 bucks a year you get an all access pass to hunt and ride on their property. It's 22,000 acres or trails and hillclimbs. It's supposed to be amazing and I've been wanting to go there for a while now. Not sure how far it would be for you but Its about 2hrs and 30mins from me. You can Google Trevorton, PA and see how far it is. I been trying to get a trip together with a bunch of riding buddies from my area before the end of the season. If It actually works out you'll be the first to know.
3 .1/2 hours thats a little too far for a day trip
1998 KDX 200
1999 Vulcan 1500a
2004 ZRX 1200
92kdxRider
Supporting Member

Post by 92kdxRider »

Thats totally understandable. Maybe after i spend a weekend or two there and get the feel for it, we could do a long weekend camp out type deal. As i said before, me and about 4 other riding buddies are wanting to plan a trip over there, and it'll most likely end up being a 2 or 3 day long weekend event. Theres a couple guys from my work that know where the best camp sites are. There are definitely a few spots I could show you by me that would be worth your hour or so drive down to me if your up for it. If you have any spots up by you, I'd be game for that as well. Its just hard for me to believe that we're the only two people on here in the NJ area haha.

If you'd like to check out some riding video's from Trevorton, just go on Youtube and search for the profile/user TrevortonOffroad. Its two guys with quads that post up vids just about every weekend. Some pretty awesome vids, showing the general terrain in the area.
themadindian
Supporting Member

Post by themadindian »

>|<>QBB<
92kdxRider wrote:Thats totally understandable. Maybe after i spend a weekend or two there and get the feel for it, we could do a long weekend camp out type deal. As i said before, me and about 4 other riding buddies are wanting to plan a trip over there, and it'll most likely end up being a 2 or 3 day long weekend event. Theres a couple guys from my work that know where the best camp sites are. There are definitely a few spots I could show you by me that would be worth your hour or so drive down to me if your up for it. If you have any spots up by you, I'd be game for that as well. Its just hard for me to believe that we're the only two people on here in the NJ area haha.

If you'd like to check out some riding video's from Trevorton, just go on Youtube and search for the profile/user TrevortonOffroad. Its two guys with quads that post up vids just about every weekend. Some pretty awesome vids, showing the general terrain in the area.
There are two other guys from my town here on the board, theres more too. check out the other thread about NY
1998 KDX 200
1999 Vulcan 1500a
2004 ZRX 1200
billyp10980
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by billyp10980 »

From NY/NJ border also. GWL/ West Milford. There must be some places closer in PA.
BobbyZ
Supporting Member

Post by BobbyZ »

I'm from the other end of jersey in cape may.Not many spots left here either.
92kdxRider
Supporting Member

Post by 92kdxRider »

>|<>QBB<
billyp10980 wrote:From NY/NJ border also. GWL/ West Milford. There must be some places closer in PA.
I don't honestly know of any other place in PA other than Trevorton. There used to be a spot called Tower City Trail Riders but I believe thats closed down or is membership only. I'm still in the process of getting my bike ready for riding season but I'll be searching for some new riding area's soon. I'm definitely going to check out Trevorton this year though. I never got a chance to do it last year. If anybody knows of any spots in the NJ/NY/Eastern PA area's, feel free to chime in.
92kdxRider
Supporting Member

Post by 92kdxRider »

Just found out that Lost Trails near Scranton, PA just re-opened at a new location. Its 2,000 acres of trails, $35 for a day pass, $250 for a season pass and theres discounts for daily and seasonal passes if your riding with more than one person. The seasonal "buddy" pass is 350 for 2 people for a year, which I don't think is bad at all. I've made up my mind i'm going down this weekend. Just haven't decided on whether I'm going Saturday or Sunday. Would anybody else be interested in riding here this weekend?

Heres a link to the website.
http://www.ridelosttrails.com/
GCE61

Post by GCE61 »

Hi 92kdxrider,

We've rode the coal area many times. It's pretty cool, but ROCKY! We plan to go out this season as soon as I get my sons quad rebuilt. Get in touch if you want to take a ride.

Greg
gce61@optonline.net
92kdxRider
Supporting Member

Post by 92kdxRider »

Greg,

I'll put up with some rocky terrain all day in exchange for a good days of riding without looking behind my shoulder haha Glad to hear you've got a father son riding team. I'll send ya an e-mail, as I said on my other post I'm going to attempt to head to Lost Trails again this weekend. Whether or not it actually works out is a different story. But i'll get all your info and when your sons quad is ready we'll definitely meet up. Its always great to meet new riding buds.
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

I'm on lakes rd., 4.5 miles from Greenwood Lake
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
dfeckel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by dfeckel »

I'm a Jersey sand flea from Medford, about 20 minutes east of Philly. We do a lot of enduro club riding in Wharton State Forest, but you need a plate and registration, and you have to be selective about where you go. Hopefully the state can find some areas for riding, but I'm not holding my breath. The law that was passed last year requires the state to find three areas and get at least one up and running before their new registration regulations take effect. I'm betting there will be no suitable areas found, unfortunately.
David Eckel
GCE61

Post by GCE61 »

ya know it pisses me off that NJ can't get their act together to designate 3 or 4 areas throughout the State. They had NJORV Park and totally screwed the pooch in paperwork bullshit. Now it's closed.

We have HUGE wooded areas in Morris, Sussex & Warren counties. When we had horses we could ride for days without seeing another soul.

I hunt many State Forests in NJ and there is plenty of land to cut singletrack trails for trail riding. The parking and support is already there. I just don't get it.

My brother was doing the political advocate thing, when NJORV shut down because of buearicatic bullshit he gave up and moved th NC- plenty of riding and the State loves the revenue!
92kdxRider
Supporting Member

Post by 92kdxRider »

>|<>QBB<
GCE61 wrote:ya know it pisses me off that NJ can't get their act together to designate 3 or 4 areas throughout the State. They had NJORV Park and totally screwed the pooch in paperwork bullshit. Now it's closed.

We have HUGE wooded areas in Morris, Sussex & Warren counties. When we had horses we could ride for days without seeing another soul.

I hunt many State Forests in NJ and there is plenty of land to cut singletrack trails for trail riding. The parking and support is already there. I just don't get it.

My brother was doing the political advocate thing, when NJORV shut down because of buearicatic bullshit he gave up and moved th NC- plenty of riding and the State loves the revenue!
Totally agree with you Greg. Theres even area's around my neck of the woods in Hunterdon County that could easily be turned into a ATV/Dirtbike Park or whatever you'd like to call it. Theres an entire network of public hiking trails, horse trails, mountain bike trails. All prime candidates for off road riding but yet nothings legal. This state is probably one of the worst places for legal trail riding, anywhere. What bothers me is that none of the idiots with the power to change anything understand how much money could be made, regardless of liability issues, and how much publicity the state and the town the park is in would receive. Many many other states understand the kind of economy boost OHV Parks produce and the publicity it creates for the area, the amount of tourism it brings, and are willing to capitalize on it and provide the funds to do so. Its frustrating, to say the least.