Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Any NE Ohio KDX riders?

Post by blimpman »

I just bought an '00 KDX220R :mrgreen:

Gonna be fun!
Brian
The destination is just a by-product of the journey
1990 KDX 200-E1 - Donated to my riding buddy Bill!
2003 YZ125
2008 WR250R
2005 TT-R230
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

There's a few of us near the Cincy / North Kentucky area . . . and a few more are reasonably close (mid KY, Chicago area).

we'll certainly put some rides together starting next spring so keep your eyes open for postings. Likewise, if you have some ideas/places for riding post it.

Congrats on the 220. And welcome to the site - you're in the right place!
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
blimpman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by blimpman »

Jeb wrote:There's a few of us near the Cincy / North Kentucky area . . . and a few more are reasonably close (mid KY, Chicago area).

we'll certainly put some rides together starting next spring so keep your eyes open for postings. Likewise, if you have some ideas/places for riding post it.

Congrats on the 220. And welcome to the site - you're in the right place!
My bike was purchased from a guy in Kentucky, near the Cincy airport.. Small world.
Brian
2003 YZ125
2008 WR250R
2005 TT-R230
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Eh... oh.... where did you go... O hi O..... :mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

I'm in the process of moving from near Louisville to near Cincinnati; turns out I'll live about 70 miles away from where I am now. I'll still be about as close to where I do some riding but will be closer to some other riding.

Since I'm closer now I'd like to give Wayne National Forest a try in '08, maybe several times. I sincerely hope to make an "extended-stay" trip to one of the Hatfield & McCoy trails in WV in '08.

You know, if there's good riding to be found around Indianapolis, say just north of Indianapolis, it would be in a location that would make it a bearable drive for a BUNCH of us to all get together for a big riding hoo-haw.
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

I hear Wayne is AWSOME same with H&M. Too long of a ride for now though. If you come North of Indy you might want to look at Attica. It is close to the IL border but worth it. [/url]http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/[url][/url]
Riding is living everything else, is just waiting.
Master of the casual pace
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
blimpman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by blimpman »

>|<>QBB<
radonc73 wrote:I hear Wayne is AWSOME same with H&M. Too long of a ride for now though. If you come North of Indy you might want to look at Attica. It is close to the IL border but worth it. [/url]http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/[url][/url]
Wayne is two way with a ton of Quads. Dodging them is the name of the game...

Course some guys know all the secret trails... :mrgreen: Only a two wheeler can make. Perry National Forest is good in the right areas and so is Zaleski state park. The Hanging Rock 200 Dual Sport near Zaleski is real fun.

Actually if your bike is street legal there are a ton of old township "roads" in Southern Ohio that are still on the township maps but only reasonably passable by inventive MC riders... With sharp knobbies... :mrgreen:

I plan on a trip to H&M soon!! Along with about 8 other riders...
Brian
2003 YZ125
2008 WR250R
2005 TT-R230
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
blimpman wrote:>|<>QBB<
radonc73 wrote:I hear Wayne is AWSOME same with H&M. Too long of a ride for now though. If you come North of Indy you might want to look at Attica. It is close to the IL border but worth it. [/url]http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/[url][/url]

Course some guys know all the secret trails... :mrgreen: Only a two wheeler can make. Perry National Forest is good in the right areas and so is Zaleski state park. The Hanging Rock 200 Dual Sport near Zaleski is real fun.

Actually if your bike is street legal there are a ton of old township "roads" in Southern Ohio that are still on the township maps but only reasonably passable by inventive MC riders... With sharp knobbies... :mrgreen:

How soon?

CLICK FOR PICS!
blimpman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by blimpman »

>|<>QBB<
Jeb wrote:>|<>QBB<
blimpman wrote:>|<>QBB<

How soon?
The fall kinda slipped away from us so it will probably be late winter early spring. If you are on ADVRIDER, check the central section. Look for posts there. Our next get together is Jan 12-13. It will be called the Neanderthaw ride. The guys I ride with are all kinda crazy and ride DS bikes in strange places...
Brian
2003 YZ125
2008 WR250R
2005 TT-R230