SW PA Ride at Ty's House Sunday 4/14

Reviews of riding areas...
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

Some buddys are coming over to ride, we wer going to try to get a decent sized group going out. Anyone want to join? I live in Houston, PA (if you wanna google it to see how far away it is for ya), I can message ya my exact address if you decide you wanna come.

Tentatively speaking, we're probably shooting to hit the trails by 1030 or 11, so I'd say try to show up around 9 30 or 10.

Bikes or quads welcome. I'm tired to waiting/dealing with side by sides so I'm saying no side by sides this weekend.

If ya can't make it this Sunday, no biggie. People have been coming over every weekend for the past 2 months or so to ride, I'll post up again about another time. I know for sure that we're gonna hafta get an all KDX run goin sometime!
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
TheJackRabbit
Supporting Member

Re: SW PA Ride at Ty's House Sunday 4/14

Post by TheJackRabbit »

I'm 40 minutes away, but I might be going all the way up to East Brady sunday so I'll have to see
http://www.youtube.com/allthatstuff35 <--- some KDX videos here
I'm smarter than I act
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by diymirage »

im 456 miles (6 hours and 42 minutes) away
thanks for the invite, but i think i will pass
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
ICRage42
Supporting Member

Post by ICRage42 »

I would love to come and thanks for the invite Tyler ,however I lost my dad yesterday. I dont think with funerals and whatnot Ill be able to make it.

Leave the option open and I will visit later. Hell I gotta 3/4 ton 8ft bed truck and trailer and I can pull your group to mines and meadows as well. I can haul 6-7 bikes in all. 6 people in truck including grill and cooler. Sorry my calculations dont include 4 strokes, atvs or huge people. :lol:
If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

TheJackRabbit wrote:I'm 40 minutes away, but I might be going all the way up to East Brady sunday so I'll have to see
let me know man! What kinda riding is in East Brady? (assuming you meant you were going to ride there lol)
diymirage wrote:im 456 miles (6 hours and 42 minutes) away
ehhh, thats not that far lol
ICRage42 wrote:I would love to come and thanks for the invite Tyler ,however I lost my dad yesterday. I dont think with funerals and whatnot Ill be able to make it.

Leave the option open and I will visit later. Hell I gotta 3/4 ton 8ft bed truck and trailer and I can pull your group to mines and meadows as well. I can haul 6-7 bikes in all. 6 people in truck including grill and cooler. Sorry my calculations dont include 4 strokes, atvs or huge people. :lol:
I'm sorry to hear about your dad, man. Thats gotta be pretty rough. I'll leave the option open tho, hit me up anytime. Usually if I am not at work (M-F from 7-3), I am probably interested in doin a little riding.

I wouldnt mind checkin out mines and meadows too. Whats it like there? They take you in a mine down there, dont they?

sounds like you got a badass hauler. We'll definitely hafta do it up some time. Do you ever go to Powerline park? I know I'm goin there for memorial day weekend. I heard they are having a poker run down there saturday too. We kind of maybe thinkin about possibly goin, but hard to say. Prob wont.
ICRage42
Supporting Member

Post by ICRage42 »

Thanks man. Yea I got tanked last night. Sat in the garage and remembered all the times we had. Friend dropped some apple jack shine off and it hit the spot. Drank that and about a case of beer.

Mines and meadows has the single track as well. They do have the mine runs which is cool but to bring an atv is absurd. I have to get mine checked and inspected and pay this or that but you dont have to do anything for a dirtbike. Its easier to rent a atv there for the mine run imo. It boast an 8 mile single track (dirtbike only). 20 bucks for the day.

http://www.minesandmeadows.com/

Never heard of powerline park. Must be more into pa side. I can see doing or going anywhere within a 2 1/2 hour or so drive. One way. Anything more then that I dont feel like riding afterwards and too tired on the way back home. Gettin old sucks rofl.
If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

I don't blame ya man, thats the only way I'd know how to deal with it too.

Mine and meadows looks pretty cool. Are you allowed to take a bike in the mine if it has a light (aka our KDX's [wait, what is the plural for KDX? KDXen? hahaha])? It looks like its an hour directly north from me. I'm down to go sometime.

Powerline seems pretty cool, I've never been there but I've been asked to go about a million times. I'll def be there this summer tho, so I'll hafta post up about what its like. Seems like a free-for-all with some trails and a ton of mud holes. I think people usually bring trucks or quads, I dunno how many people bring bikes.

http://www.powerlinepark.com/
TheJackRabbit
Supporting Member

Post by TheJackRabbit »

I have not yet been to East Brady, but from what my friends dad says, the KDX was designed for it lol, so basically every kind of terrain imaginable and a lot of it

as for mines and meadows, I've been there and the dirt bike single track was more of a maze than enjoyable riding because the trail was barely cut in and leaves covered the line so sometimes you would come out to a dead end, this is most likely because not many bikes go there, or at least when I went it was mostly quads, and it was fall so all the leaves had just came down

I didn't have a chance to go in the mine, but from a video I have seen it looked like there was really deep ponds every where in the mine, but I could be wrong
http://www.youtube.com/allthatstuff35 <--- some KDX videos here
I'm smarter than I act
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by diymirage »

Tyl3r wrote:
diymirage wrote:im 456 miles (6 hours and 42 minutes) away
ehhh, thats not that far lol

im sure the wifey might disagree
i can here it now, Honey, im out for a ride, be back in 4 days :boogie:

Seriously though, that meadows and mines place sounds sweet
if i ever make it down that area i just might have to hit one of you guys up for the use of thier buddy bike...those mines would rock
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
robkdx

Post by robkdx »

I would but Google maps cant give me directions to get there.

Could be because the Pacific Ocean is in the way.
gsa102
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by gsa102 »

I'm up to join in for the next one. East Brady is not too far. The kids were racing at crow canyon AWRCS last weekend.
This is my rifle, this is my gun, the YZ to go fast, the KDX is for fun!

96 KDX 200, 09 YZ 250