Hillsville no longer!

Reviews of riding areas...
ICRage42
Supporting Member

Hillsville no longer!

Post by ICRage42 »

So doing a youtube search on hillsville pa .....I was filtering with time on uploaded videos and noticed TWO VIDEOS OF BEING PULLED OVER!

One was an old geezer puttin along and two jumped out in front of him

heres just one example. I guess from reading the comments to see if there is still places to ride there and apparently there is however you would have to know just where that is.

Also from the comments I guess one of the newer landowners didnt want people riding there and tried booby trappin some trails and when a rider fell for one decided to give the landowner a good beating. His property I guess is pie shaped and marked as well to not ride.

More recent I guess the original landowners released the land to pa ......maybe for tax reasons I dunno and that is where you get the pa game and wildlife. A more recent video of a kid snow riding passing some fracking setups there shows frackers waving and him getting a ticket in the mail for 271 dollars.

SO I guess if you dont know the area well. Its not safe to ride there anymore. Shame prolly for almost over 30 years people have been riding there with no problem.

No warnings given.

271 dollar fine

If you try to run they arleady have your truck plate and you recieve a 500 dollar fine on top of the 271 and they take your bike. Its just best to stop. Usually if theres two stopping you theres 6 down the trail if you dont stop and they will stop you. Guess two tried to run.

Just a heads up and good thing I checked I was gonna go there mon and dredge the mud and try to get some forks and shock adjusted and run her some.
If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
TheJackRabbit
Supporting Member

Re: Hillsville no longer!

Post by TheJackRabbit »

That's a shame. I've been there a few times, I had herd that it was owned by a elderly Chinese lady that is seldomly in america.

we were stopped by a cop once on the road with the bikes on the trailer, they said they were watching for kids going up and down the main roads on bikes. the police however lets us go with out and trouble and this was in June last year.

my friend was also there not to long ago and rode without any trouble

http://www.youtube.com/allthatstuff35 <--- some KDX videos here
I'm smarter than I act
ICRage42
Supporting Member

Post by ICRage42 »

TheJackRabbit wrote:That's a shame. I've been there a few times, I had herd that it was owned by a elderly Chinese lady that is seldomly in america.

we were stopped by a cop once on the road with the bikes on the trailer, they said they were watching for kids going up and down the main roads on bikes. the police however lets us go with out and trouble and this was in June last year.

my friend was also there not to long ago and rode without any trouble

RUMOR on the chinese lady. Actually it was owned by a family and this is where it gets difficult to drum up info .........if you were friends with them it was no problem but really didnt care if anyone rode just dont cause trouble.

From what I understand the land was released to pa. So that tells me perhaps tax reasons. Why would a state take a parcel of land if not for taxes. Seems 30 years or so of back taxes doesnt impedes if state reowns land.

Why they were there was a preliminary check. Seeing how many have come or will come and building crews to deal with. You got lucky. If your friend was recently there it was either luck or just dumb coincidence that he didnt get caught.

Why they were checking the roads is because at the time you could enter or exit still remaining trails via road and other trail entrances. Most entrances into trails are stated ARE CLOSED i went there today. BIG EFFIN SIGNS from previous directions.

Asked a boat cop buddy of mine and he did some research for me.

IT IS DEFINITLY CLOSED DO NOT TRY IT HAS DIFFERENT OWNERS!!!!!!! AS STATED ABOVE DO NOT OUTRUN DO NOT RIDE THERE. THERE IS SOME AREAS TO RIDE BUT NOT LIKE IT WAS!!!!!!!!

this is the serious part............my plate number was run and all I had was 4 wheeler to clean trails and do a walkaround before ride. Never took wheeler out and I never seen anyone. Just travelin on road wearin gear was enough I suppose.

Id really would like to find a native from there and get access to whats available. There is a bit of trails to ride ....prolly from old folks that dont care.

That in itself is whats left.
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Why would you ever feel welcome to ride on private land without the owners permission? :roll:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
ICRage42
Supporting Member

Hillsville no longer!

Post by ICRage42 »

Your not getting the point fuzzy

I dont mean offense or anything but it was ok to ride there and for some time. Started out as a few and well just be cool dont drain your oil on track and litter and dont get hurt. Theres been people TONS riding there for years.

The original family owners......this might be speculation......fell on some bad times with taxes and things changed. PA got the land hence the heads up sorry man but I got a good tip for a place to ride and just warning others about it. I went there just dont want others to fall.

I really dont know why people troll either but in the same sense
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Hillsville no longer!

Post by rbates9 »

ICRage42 wrote:
I really dont know why people troll either but in the same sense
Trolling has been a proven way to efficiently catch bigger fish. And it takes a lot of the work of casting and reeling in out of fishing. Plus, the scenery changes at a nice relaxing pace.