Prospect

Planning a ride? Let us know about it...
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

CC, I brain farted on my e-mail to you. I got confused due to me having Friday's off and figgered nobody anywhere works fridays. Anyway, I'll be up Friday evening, your place, if thats o.k. What time you get home from work so I can have dinner ready for you?

Say, is farmerj been told about this?
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

No brain fart that I noticed...but...

A good lot of this has happened thru email...so here's the general skinny!

The Prospect OHV system is open. It was open all through last summer's fire season. Stay tuned for any last minute changes to that. They (FS) can't say, 'Yes, we'll be open Labor Day.'

I plan on being up there Thursday evening..maybe afternoon, even. Current staging area plan is Buck Canyon. Directions to anyone that wants'em.

Ski...last I heard from you, you will be up Friday pretty early? The directions you have are good?

We can ride a couple of shorter loops Saturday, a long one (130miles or so) Sunday. Maybe the other way 'round. We'll take a poll!! :wink:

If you plan on coming...let me know!!! Unless you can ride 130 miles on a tank of fuel, you need to know where to put your stash-o-gas!

Let me know!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
FLAKDX
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by FLAKDX »

Dang you guys got loaner bikes out there right??? Your all making my sorry south florida butt jones for some real riding. Sand an Palm trees on flat ground get old real fast. Besides any guys with stories like those is all right in my book. Hmmmm how much is a round trip to Nor-Cal???
03 220R
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Ski! I think thats your cue...
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Carvr; yup, I'm coming unless the place is closed for fire season. I got your directions too. They involved too much thinking so I skipped reading them and will just wander around shouting your name.

Morie, you are coming too but not until later on Friday evening? I am coming up early Friday morning, leave my place by 6am so I guess we won't be caravaning up. Are you going to be able to find the spots to stash the gas can? I'll probably stash mine so far from where Brad is talking about that it will be rediculous. Ha!!!

FlaKDX: I'm planning on taking the KX250 for the guys to sample and try out. I'll find out air fare and post back. Someone better take me up on the offer. (Not you Trev, I know when you're coming) I've spent hours and dollars on this baby. It's better than brand new and just as clean too. I am literally taking every nut and bolt and polishing them up. Did you know the upper and lower chain rollers have sealed bearings in them?
Oh, I digress......

CC, is Wibby going to be there? Farmerj? What all should I bring? I'm planning on a tent, sleeping bag and a fork. I'm packing light and skipping the clean underware.
(Just let me know, I have every camping item under the sun. Stoves, lanterns, chairs, long metal hotdog and marshmallow roasters, jiffypop, pots, pans, etc...)

See Ya!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Air Fare from Ft Lauderdale to Sacramento is $99 each way. Check http://www.iflyswa.com

7 day advance but Labor day is already booked for that weekend for that cheap rate. Gotta be more on-the-ball. Don't miss out on the next ride. For $200 you can ride out here. What a deal!!!
Jerry

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Ski.. I am for sure coming up Memorial Day weekend '06, I think Fuzzy is going too... If he does then we will bring our bikes so no need to use your spare...as a matter of fact, If we both come up we will both have two bikes so we can invite more guys to ride with us who can just fly and ride!

I can't wait! :boogie:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Awesome!!!
With Trev here and Carvr only about 5 hours away, we should be good for some real riding.

You are driving out?
Jerry

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yup! Should be an adventure! :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Trev... you coming up Memorial Day weekend 06?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

An old junkyard dog with rabbies chewing my feet off wouldn't stop me. Well you know what I mean, SURE I'd love to come... :lol:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I don't think Trev has a choice anymore. There's a wedding involved now.
Jerry

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Hey, hey I do so have a choice.... :razz:

I get to choose the suit... :rolleyes: :lol:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

And that will be the last decision you will ever make.

(Isn't it cute, the way he thinks the suit choice was his? Mel's pretty good at letting him think that too.)
Jerry

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

There is always a choice Trev...but one of them involves summary execution :lol: :blink:
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

She only gets to choose the style and colour, I GET TO CHOOSE THE SIZE !! So there !! :razz: :razz: :lol:

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Hey I wonder what she'd do if I vanished at LAX ?!? :shock: :twisted:

EDIT*** OK hows about Sacramento Airport ??

Whaddaya reckon Ski ?? Meet me out the back ??

Maybe park the KX out the back of the airport with a roll chart with directions to your house. :lol:
Last edited by KDXer on 12:16 pm Aug 12 2005, edited 1 time in total.

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

>|<>QBB<
KAY DEE EXER wrote:Hey I wonder what she'd do if I vanished at LAX ?!? :shock: :twisted:

Whaddaya reckon Ski ?? Meet me out the back ??

Maybe park the KX out the back of the airport with a roll chart with directions to your house. :lol:
Hopefully that roll chart has a list of gas stations and premix stops :roll: :mrgreen:
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

If Johns Peak is in this mix, a couple of pointers for y'all to plan for:

Spark arrestors are required. Silencers not acceptable.

Memorial Day 'round here is usually on the cool/damp side. If you have a routine of 755/756 tires for wet/dry...bring wet.

It would be great to have a KDX group up here! (Fuzzy is welcome, too ;) )

Flat and palm trees? Sorry...can't give you any of that. :wink:

Criminey!! $99 from Florida to Sac? That's incredible!!

BTW..Prospect isn't open in May. If youse come up here, that won't matter. You could ride your tail off for a couple of days and barely see the same place twice.

Anyway...anyone that is interested in a tour of these parts is more'n welcome. There's not time to ride it all, for sure!

BACK TO THE LEFT COAST LDR!!

('They' aren't the only ones with lettered rides!!!)

re: '...directions... They involved too much thinking so I skipped reading them and will just wander around shouting your name.'

That'll do. We might not be where we said we'd be anyway! ;)

Farmer and Wibby know about it.

re: 'What all should I bring?'

Your list looks good. Throw in a chair! Probably some beer!! Forget the roasting sticks. 'Memmer...I said earlier no fires Indawoods this time of year. :wink:

Home phone: 541-582-4648

Gas stash not a big deal (as to where). When the sign says 'Woodruff' to the left and 'Huckleberry' to the right...stash your can!!!

btw...if you get married in Northern Mexico (USed to be called the US), are you really married in Austrailia? Maybe KayDee has a plan that not even Mel has considered..... :neutral:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!! :lol:

You tryin to get me caught aint ya.... LOL

I think the Vegas thing is just a novelty for the other half, she IS serious about it though if we legally can do it. We were planning on a wedding over here within the next 2 years so we may just kill two birds with one stone when we visit.