It's Time!!

Planning a ride? Let us know about it...
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

>|<>QBB<
Colorado Mike wrote:Butterfly,
Aspens are might pretty right now. tried to upload some pics but can't get that working right now.
I will make it home one of these days. My g/fs in Durango/Bayfield keep buggin' me for a visit. Thanks for the nice thought. Would definitely love to see them.
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Is that Brad in the yellow hat?
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

That's Brad on the left with the listerine. You are the one in the yellow hat. Don't ya recognize the belly?! Nice marshmallow on the stick too.
Most wookie-like.....
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

**** I dint see the marshmellow

I thought he had hold of sumpthin else
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

That reminds me, did anyone invite KDXQuebec? He's always aching to go!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:That reminds me, did anyone invite KDXQuebec? He's always aching to go!!
Oh yeah! :roll: Like we'd ever get you two outa the hot tub :lol:
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

skibaby wrote:Hey! I don't look half bad in pink!!
Hopefully, we'll never know.

Your twin brother in the purple does look a lot like you, though.

Maybe that's violet..........

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

>|<>QBB<
KDX Butterfly wrote:>|<>QBB<
Colorado Mike wrote:Butterfly,
Aspens are might pretty right now. tried to upload some pics but can't get that working right now.
I will make it home one of these days. My g/fs in Durango/Bayfield keep buggin' me for a visit. Thanks for the nice thought. Would definitely love to see them.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
Jerry

KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Keep talkin' Ski. You might hit an adventurous nerve. :wink:
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

You know....
I am known for getting on people's nerves. I would suppose I've hit quite a few, adventurous or otherwise....

Besides, you've always wanted to try out a KX250 and an auto clutch. I bet you'd love my bike and buy it from me on the spot!!

O.K. you want talkin', here goes;
Not being able to govern events, I govern myself.
Jerry

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

The bitterest tear shed over graves are for deeds left undone.
Jerry

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

O.K. I looked over my bike for the first time since I rode last and that was at Carvr's place, what? at least 6 months ago?!
Anyway, I washed it. It's now pretty again! I forgot how well this bike can clean up. Then I changed the oil and set the auto clutch to a higher stall RPM so it would slip a little more under load and low rpm's. Then I pulled the water pump cover. Last time I was at Brad's, I found some little plastic gray part that sure looked like a water pump fin. My pump looked perfect. Under that cover and including the gasket looked like they were brand new.
Next I pulled the air filter. I use NoToil and the oil tends to succumb to gravity when sitting a while. Finally, I went to start it. The routine is to turn on the fuel, then tip the bike to the bike's left side/shifter side until the peg hits the ground, then stand back up. Look for a little pee from the carb. If it's not there, tip again and repeat until a little gas comes out the carb hose. Next, straddle the bike, pull the choke on, make sure it's in neutral, and kick! 2nd kick she fired up. Sounded quiet, then a BANG!, then it was normal sounding. I was pointed up the driveway with the garage door shut. The orange stopper in the tail pipe hit the garage with enough force to put a dent in the door! I bodes well that the bike fired on the 2nd kick and even more so with a plug in the spark arrester.

Well, I'm satisfied; she's ready for a trip to the State of Jefferson! I'll start packing Monday, adding a little here and there as I remember or see things around the place. Then Friday, here I come!

BTW, after firing up the bike, I took just a short test ride to verify everything works well. Did I mention that I have tendinitis? It hurts! Even a long sleeved shirt brushing the elbow hurts. Oh, well, I guess that's going to be my excuse for such lousy riding. I won't use it as an excuse not to go.

For B-R-Fli
The worst day riding is better than the best day working.
Hope my words of encouragement find your ears and persuade you to make a trip out to ride some day. Same with everyone. I just want to say how much it's meant to have even met CC and Wib even one time. If I hadn't taken the chance, I'd have been a poorer man for NOT knowing 'em. :partyman:
Jerry

KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Married or not ... that is the (?) question? You must be single, Ski. Otherwise, your wife is almost as perfect as I am. See you in the state you are most related...someday ... ha
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote: Besides, you've always wanted to try out a KX250 and an auto clutch.
says who?
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

>|<>QBB<
KDX Butterfly wrote:Married or not ... that is the (?) question? You must be single, Ski. Otherwise, your wife is almost as perfect as I am. See you in the state you are most related...someday ... ha
Oh, I be married...
35 years with no end in sight. (My wife tells me I say that like it's a prison sentence or something!!)

She's going to a baby shower this weekend so I get to go dirt bike riding. Also, she's seen that bike sit in the garage, weekend after weekend while I continue to work on getting our home back to where we once were. I think she feels sorry for me sometimes.

It would be a hoot to have you, KDXQuebec, and other major players here all gathered for a ride.
BTW, if you AREN'T married, Wib is available I hear....
Jerry

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

>|<>QBB<
KDX Butterfly wrote:>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote: Besides, you've always wanted to try out a KX250 and an auto clutch.
says who?
Oh I can tell. With my bike, you would spank Vince in the woods.
Jerry

KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

I would never "spank" my brother-in-law anywhere! :shock:

Ski. I am also glad I got to meet the Wookie and the Carver. But if I were single, Wib couldn't tolerate me for more than a day anyway. Besides, he's got plenty o' wimmens to keep him busy from what I hear.

I have already traveled there; unfortunately not for riding but for something better. Yes. My great aunt and uncle are worth way more than any ride. I will never get to see them again. :sad:

So if I do travel there again, it will DEFINITELY be to ride!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Re: 'If I hadn't taken the chance, I'd have been a poorer man for NOT knowing 'em. :partyman: '

Morosity don't become you. To be fair...you did indicate you'd been drinkin'....

C'mon up, ski!! We might have to ride QC again just so you can redeem yourself on Autoclutch Hill! Remember which one that is? The hill with you 1/2 way up (I'm being generous), lying UNDER your bike, crying on the radio....'Help me! I've fallen and I can't get up!'

Consider the source

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I remember.

I also remember you didn't make the top either. On several other trips too.

I thought we were going to Taylor Creek! Gray Back can wait, I don't want rocks. If I wanted rocks I'd go to Elkins Flat or to Idaho. You remember those places, don't you?
Jerry

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:I remember.

I also remember you didn't make the top either. On several other trips too.

I thought we were going to Taylor Creek! Gray Back can wait, I don't want rocks. If I wanted rocks I'd go to Elkins Flat or to Idaho. You remember those places, don't you?
However many times I didn't make it, I was so far ahead 'a you, you couldn't even SEE me from there.

Hhmm...no rocks, huh? Thanks for saying so. Wibby and I talked about riding Greyback tomorrow..but Mr. Nice Guy said, 'Save it for Jerry.'

Uh..no, it wasn't me talkin'.

Taylor Creek and QC then I suppose. There's a lot of QC you haven't seen..we'll take you over Angorra/Stratton/Butte way......

Yeah. I remember Elkins. 'No rocks' you said.

Liar.

Consider the source