* Labor Day Ride *

Planning a ride? Let us know about it...
wsjkawasaki
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by wsjkawasaki »

inda,
just wanted to inform you i will be a no show for lbl,i have been working six and seven days a week,heck i haven't even put a leg over my bike since july 3rd,i work in the power generation buisness building generators for powerplants and this time of the year SUCKS!! i was really looking forward to going but there is no way this time but on the bright side i have made plenty of $ for the kx usd conversion..now just have to find time to bolt them up!!
shane j.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Bastages!!!!! :evil:

TRAILS UPDATE
8-29-05:

Due to recent heavy rainfall, all trails at Turkey Bay OHV Area are closed until further notice.

Looks like Taylorville will be getting a visit!

BTW... the Trails Update date is BS! I checked yesterday and they were open. Just trying to cover their @ss I guess.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Turkey Bay? Is that up around Los Buenos Loches?

Hhhmmm...things are open round here. Might have even gotten some moisture up there..less dust...more fun....

..we'll be thinkin' about you!!

...OK...done with thinkin'...TIME TO RIDE!! :wink:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I too am back ... it was quite a weekend, not LBL but Taylorville since LBL was closed due to excessive rains. Just my brother and myself but a great time!

Nobody got too pissed at me except for a CR125 rider I encoundered in the woods I ended up roosting. I was going though some new territory at a reasonable clip and someone on a CR was right on my ass, as soon as I hit the first open area I roosted the hell out of him. He pulled over and shut his bike off or else he woulda hit a tree. :lol:

On the first day my brother was following me through the woods at harescramble speeds and hit quad ruts around a corner through trees on both sides and lost it. When I came to a clearing and turned around I noticed he wasn't there, I turned around and found him on the ground with the bike on top. His first words were... "It's not broke" :shock: I didn't even say anthing to him yet... I thought oh great... hospital here we come! But I pulled the bike off of him and stood it up, and the kicker fell off! Hmmmm.... nut was gone that holds it on. Great... I thought but we got a nut in town the next morning for .84 cents... and a $5 bottle of lock-tite. He needs to have his knee looked at because it is trashed. If he straightens it completely he wants to pass out and he will fall to the ground for sure. He rode the rest of the weekend like that and rode like a demon. Great heart and a great rider too! I had lots of opportunity to laugh at him for the rest of the time over stupid stuff like missing a step walking out of the public bathroom and falling on his ass... :lol:

We had tons of fun but too damn many hillbilly quad riders there... One guy must have weighed 500#s and never got off his quad... even when he washed it! :shock: I wanted to get a pic of it but thought he would see me snapping a pic. I'm not lying.... it was quite a sight. There were a lot of little people out riding too... they are so cute to watch, just puts a smile on your face watching fearless youngins'!

I did hit a tree going about 40mph but my barkbusters and stabilizer made it a non-event. I simply was deflected back on course.. but made me pucker for sure. Another time my shoulder hit a root on an uprooted tree and that didn't feel to good but didn't get injured. I came out without ever laying the bike down, wrecking or even having any problems whatsoever with the bike. A perfect weekend in my books!

I will post some pics in the gallery but I didn't take too many because I wanted to ride more than take pics..... :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I wanna see the 500# guy washing his quad while he's sitting on it!!....and probably taking a shower (him being nekkid) at the same time!!

Good to hear the tree was a 'non-event'. How did your last breakage work out?

Post a note about your brother's knee when you find out what's up...if you ever do. I'd like to hear what happened.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Sweet! So LBL did end up closed?

Where did ya camp in T-ville?
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
clutchcover
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by clutchcover »

Inda, did you ever get those springs in your brothers bike? How's he liking them? Sounds like you guys had tons of fun. :partyman:
97 Kdx200
Summuda goodies.... But not quite enough.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I put those springs in my brothers bike but they were shorter and just as weak as what he had in there whatever they were.
I ended up putting the old springs back in and adding some oil to them. They did OK but I need to rebuild them this winter. Actually I told him about Jason and he may just send them to him.

Fuz... We camped off the main road... as seen in the gallery you can get an idea of where we camped.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Man, I wish I'd have known I could've at least come down Sun!

Oh well, we'll ride there again before the season is out...
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

17th right? :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

It's here again... the real Memorial Day ride! :lol:

Got the bike ready... changed back to the 13T sprocket, installed the DEK and lowered it one notch, changed the clutch oil, adjusted the chain, cleaned the carb and air filter....

Took it out for a ride and she is smoooooth..... Almost electric!

Southfork Friday and Saturday.... then off to respective parties in the area. :supz: :partyman:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****