State of Jefferson Spring '09

Planning a ride? Let us know about it...
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

I'm sorry to say I won't be able to make it. The baby's due to make an appearance any day now and if i'm gone, i better stay gone!!! On another note I am doing much better now Jerry aside from some weight that snuck up on me while I was down and out. Next time! And lots of pics so I can see what I missed :cry:
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

i before the r makes this bitch a CURE ... not a CURSE ... unless ....
:butthead: yeah! read it how you want, baby!!!

H & M sounds good. I just might get there! I have my Jeep and trailer. But, where WOULD a damsel sleep? I have my own tent. It's all good.!!!!

What do ya think, "babysitter" Inda? We could split the gas.
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Sorry guys... Logistic are going to be a b!tch! I am trying to get in on the Hatfield McCoy ride....

I swear next year with a little more warning. Actually thinking about you guys buying me a bike up there to ride.... I will pay for it of course. But will make for a much easier and enjoyable time.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
MXOldtimer

Post by MXOldtimer »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:Say, how about MXOldtimer. Is he coming? Who else lives near?
I'd like too but, with work slow/stopped I don't spend a dime more than I need too. Luckily I'm friends with a person that gives me rental maintenance work that keeps something coming in.

Good news on the horizon though, got a call from one of my builder and Monday he's breaking ground on 3 houses then 4 more right after that WooooooooooooHooooooooooooooo!
04 KX-250 Hey.....at least it's green and smokes.
06 KDX-200 for off road play. Gone but not forgotten
07 KX-250F SOLD! I thump no more.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Glad to hear about the work prospects, Oldtimer!

Inda; check the Bend, Oregon Craigslist. Theres some sweet deals!

http://bend.craigslist.org/mcy/1116238115.html

http://bend.craigslist.org/mcy/1104551903.html

http://bend.craigslist.org/mcy/1115843575.html

In fact, I'm thinking about this little toy
http://bend.craigslist.org/mcy/1102317388.html
For 1K it's brand new! Gotta be a ton of fun and no fear of falling over! Just plant your big boots and pick it up!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I'd be a KDX if I bought one.... No need for more for me. More is less since I can't use everything a KDX has to offer....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Hey I just realized it's been almost a year since the last ride in Oregon!! Ha!

http://kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5784

Here's a quote from the thread last year from our Administrator;
"Next year I get 3 weeks vacation.... I will be out as long as gas isn't $8 a gallon by then!"
Well, gas isn't more than about $2 a gallon so what's your excuse again?
Jerry

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yeah... well I now am unemployed... life throws things at you. If the circumstances were the same now as then... you would see me there.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

So, you're saying you have even more time off this year?! Ha! So, buy a newspaper when you get here and write off the trip as a job seeking expense.

Seriously, sorry to hear you are out of work temporarily. That sucks! Been there and done that. It's absolutely not fun.

Even so, It was fun poking you about the quote from last year. Life does throw things at us and we need to grab at the brass ring every chance we can get. So, we'll keep posting the rides and you keep saving the loose change in a mayonnaise jar. Sooner or later, you'll make a trip! Then watch out! We're gonna have fun boys! :supz:
Jerry

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

m0rie didn't make last year either. First he's sick, now his wife must have taken seriously what was poked at her in fun. :blink:

Ah, well....
Put a brand new tire on the bike yesterday, the M5B. Put new O-rings and springs on the pipe. Cleaned and oiled the air filter. Haven't started the bike since August of LAST year when I left Idaho. Using the same old gas in the bike, I turned on the petcock, tipped the bike to the side until it pee'd, kicked and it started on the second poke. Oh yea!! Warmed up and putted until she was ready, then opened her up. 4th gear power wheelies are no problem!
Bike is ready. Now to get gear ready, food and sleeping gear ready, truck fueled, GPS programmed. Soon!
Jerry

MXOldtimer

Post by MXOldtimer »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:So, you're saying you have even more time off this year?! Ha! So, buy a newspaper when you get here and write off the trip as a job seeking expense.

If work is good and money coming in I/we don't have time to break away and ride. When work is slow you have the time to ride but don't want to spend the money.

SUCKS!

Friend just e-mailed me this morning and said the snow is melt'n on China hat, let's ride...........sure sounds good. But to add another degree, if I were to break a bone right now I would be completely sunk.

Can't really complain, I'm healthy, feel'n good, and get'n really F-A-T from sit'n on my ass while a lot of subs/friends I know have already lost everything.
04 KX-250 Hey.....at least it's green and smokes.
06 KDX-200 for off road play. Gone but not forgotten
07 KX-250F SOLD! I thump no more.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:m0rie didn't make last year either. First he's sick, now his wife must have taken seriously what was poked at her in fun. :blink:

Ah, well....
Put a brand new tire on the bike yesterday, the M5B. Put new O-rings and springs on the pipe. Cleaned and oiled the air filter. Haven't started the bike since August of LAST year when I left Idaho. Using the same old gas in the bike, I turned on the petcock, tipped the bike to the side until it pee'd, kicked and it started on the second poke. Oh yea!! Warmed up and putted until she was ready, then opened her up. 4th gear power wheelies are no problem!
Bike is ready. Now to get gear ready, food and sleeping gear ready, truck fueled, GPS programmed. Soon!

M5B? What happ'd to the 952?

You did really good on it last year :twisted:

HELP! HELP! My bike's on top of me! HELP!!

Wish I could be at two places at one time. I sorta committed to one ride before I heard of this one
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Hey Wib, I'm really gonna miss your smiling face this trip!
I might get a second chance to come up there the end of May. Wife is going to Boise around that time.

It is a real conundrum between work, family, no work, health insurance and all that stuff. I say to balance it and do the irresponsible thing half the time and be responsible the other half. Ha!
Jerry

PhilM

Post by PhilM »

Carver, How often do you put on these rides? I wish I would have known a little eariler and you could have seen crash happy phil in action. Actually we go to Gold Beach a few times a year but never have ridden it.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Hi Phil!
I think Brad is at the beach this weekend. Now, don't judge him too hard but....
He's got a quad addiction that needs feeding by going to a sand beach every once in a while. I know, I know. How could anyone associate with someone like that, but in all honesty, he's got some redeeming qualities. Ha!!
Jerry

firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

It sure sucks to here about good guys laid off. I wish you all the best and hope that good things are in store for you all down the road. I am so thankful for my job and the security it provides.

Spring is such a busy time at our house (as if a house with 4 kids isnt ever busy). But, with baseball season and a laundry list of house projects that have been neglected all winter, I just cant make it work right now.

We have a family trip to the Monkey Butt harescramble in May planned as well and we are saving our dimes for that trip, and I am in the middle of trying to get the KX fork conversion done as well.

Late Fall is a pretty good time for me and I would love to come down to be schooled by the famous (infamous) S. Oregon, N. Cal crew.

I would love to do a trip in-between sometime as well. Maybe East Fort Rock or Morrow County.
'
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

>|<>QBB<
PhilM wrote:Carver, How often do you put on these rides? I wish I would have known a little eariler and you could have seen crash happy phil in action. Actually we go to Gold Beach a few times a year but never have ridden it.
:hmm: Huh?

Put on rides? I just go riding..and sometimes persons show up!

Any time you want, largely. Woods closures anywhere from mid May to Mid July. Prospect opens in July, so spend some time up there. Greyback can't be ridden 'til mid July, usually (snow). If you're interested in riding up this-a-way, drop me a line and we'll see what's on the agenda!

Re: '..he's got some redeeming qualities. Ha!!'

Ha!! indeed! Yeah. That IS a joke!

:wink:

M5B? Where'd you get THAT hare-brained idea?

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

A little birdie told me about the M5B. He was just sitting on my shoulder, whispered it in my ear, then just before he flew off, he crapped down my neck!

So join us this weekend PhilM. I'm leaving Sacramento area around 10am Friday.
Jerry

Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

M5B?

Thats so 2008 :lol:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS