State of Jefferson ride?

Planning a ride? Let us know about it...
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Hey Jerry!

Got any Poison Oak yet?

I'm headed to urgent care in a few.... :cry:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

Looks like you guys had a great time on the ride. Pictures that were taken of the area look great - thanks for sharing both the pictures and story of the trip.

I did wonder if the rider showing wearing the knee braces on his back knows if they would do more good on his knees. :lol: :lol:
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Thank goodness, no. I don't have even a spot of it. Sorry to hear you got it but I'm suprised! Man, you took a bath in that anti-poison oak solution after we rode through all that stuff. What did you expose to get it? :butthead:
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Hope you can make the trip someday Charley! That was FarmerJ. His new boots were not allowing him to work the shifter and the rear brake so he took his braces off to allow better flexability. Someone wanted to paint a face on the back of his helmet after cozying up to him and asking what cup size he was! That's desperate! Ha!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
clutchcover
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by clutchcover »

Jeez guys, make me feel jealous because I couldn't come. :sad: Sounds like you guys all had a great ride. What's better than sharing the details with some fellow greenheads afterward. :supz: Awsome write up Ski. Looks like we are going to have to get a couple more of these group rides together. Maybe I'll actually be able to make one. Was it you that was saying you were headed this direction sometime Ski? Maybe we can do a ride here in Idaho, maybe even drag IdahoCharley out. He's only a little ways away.
97 Kdx200
Summuda goodies.... But not quite enough.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I'll be up there mid to late July but on my street bike. My wife's sister and her family are moving there as soon as their new house is finished in June. Somewhere about 30 minutes or so north of Boise. I'll let you guys know more as the time gets closer. We can at least sit down and sip a cold one!
I hope to retire next year, but I ain't holding my breath. But as soon as I do, I'm going to visit a BUNCH of you guys. A road trip across America with my KDX towing behind on it's little trailer. That would be awesome!
Jerry

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Pick me up on your way ?!?!?! :grin: Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, pretty please !!! :lol:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I know you guys love seeing me bare skin!:shock:

Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

PuhLEEZE tell me you're not whining about that teensy bit of poison oak!!??

...and, no, I can't say I'm interested in seeing whatever else there is, either! ;)

If that's ALL you got, you're lucky!

KayDee...if any of us get within a thousand miles (a lotta kliks) of you, we'll be sure to swing by and pick you up!

Cheers!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Was ya tryin' to feel how soft the pretty leaf was Wib? :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

It IS hoppin' up there!! It's redder than the redneck pic...and growin' gangbusters!

I was going to point out some to FarmerJ 'cuz he wasn't sure what it looked like...but didn't get around to it. Hope he survived.

Oh..the trail is 'Poison OAK'...not ivy. And they named it that for a reason, I 'spose. :wink:

Of course, it's all over everywhere else, too...but it DOES have a namesake!

re: '...soft the pretty...' :grin: Ha!

Consider the source

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I remember that branch wacking you, Scott. You were whining enough then to pull your helmet off and show it to us as if we were supposed to kiss the boo boo and make it alllllll better. Ha!
I saw a lot more of Wib's skin than that, Carver. He took a bath in that poison OAK wash remover right there in the staging area at Bunny Flat. He even hollered over to get my attention and asked if I'd like to join him. I'm telling you the sight would'a made women scream and grown men curse. Oh, the horror!!

(See fellas, it's not all pretty scenary and trails on the journey. I hoped to leave out the "details" but then I found the photo Wib put up of me doing my duty to God and country, over in the Jokes forum, that was insult AND injury: My compromised position AND in the JOKES forum.
Jerry

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Got some on my calves right now... ripping out a beaver damn behind my house trying to avoid a mosquito infestation... nasty stuff indeed! Alcohol dries it up good...on your skin Wib...not in yer tum tum! :partyman: :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

I guess I'm off to see the JoKe forum for the compr0mised position of skipro... The Good, The Bad and Now the Ugly LOL :grin:
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

The photo of CC there looks more like a charactor out of Lord Of The Rings. Now, I'm not saying he isn't pretty, but the wimmen do find him more handy than handsome.
Jerry

Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Pretty stuff huh?
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

May be my favorite pic here Ski: Image

Almost gives you a sense of how gnarly it really is!

I think that is my most favorite place
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

So that is poison oak? I usually have no trouble finding it, but I never see it. Well, until I am all red and itchy. :evil: Is it little trees / shrubs? I am all too familiar with poison ivy. There is some in the backyard. :evil: I hate that stuff.

EDIT: OK, you snuck one more in while I was typing. What kind of trees are in the second photo?
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Looks like the Black Forest! Very bazaar area!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I don't know about that being poison oak, Wib. It looks more like Live Oak to me. **edit** corrected later in thread**

But....I'm often wrong about it. It doesn't HAVE to be little shiny,waxy, red leaves to be poison oak.

Still, I'll bet'cha an OS that ain't it.

What kind'a? Oak (the one with the moss on it) and Manzanita (the red, smooth stuff), the manzanita being more a bush than a tree.

..although scrub oak ain't much of a tree.
Last edited by canyncarvr on 05:50 pm May 25 2005, edited 1 time in total.

Consider the source