Haspins Acres

Planning a ride? Let us know about it...
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Haspins Acres

Post by radonc73 »

My brother and I are going to Haspins Acres the 27th and 28th. A few of us met there last year and had a good time.
I know this is short notice but we seem to have alot of Indiana riders lately. Indyphonedude, kdxpilot? Last years group of Rick, Jeb, Crf, and son Austin?
Riding is living everything else, is just waiting.
Master of the casual pace
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

If I can get away with it I'll be coming.
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

Thanks, Rick is going to try to make it. I know it is short notice but I had to scrape up a babysitter. I will probably get there around 11 or 12 depending on when my mom gets here from work.
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
KDXPhoneDude

Post by KDXPhoneDude »

count me in guys. i've been there a lot and it's a blast.
i was actually going to go this weekend but it's suppose to rain all weekend and it would be a mudfest.
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

Awsome, the more the merrier.
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

I'm bidding on a job at work, that would give me Saturday's and Sunday's off. I will find out Thursday if I got it. Keep your fingers crossed for me! If I get the job, I should be a definite for the ride Tom! :supz:
Yes, they really do let me drive the Train!
1991 KDX 250 $Sold but not forgotten....
1996 Suzuki DR 350 $Sold!
2002 Honda CR 250 worth more than my house at this point........ :-)
2004 DR 650se Road Warrior
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

My fingers are crossed . . .

I'll be mounted on a 250!
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

So will me and my brother, he still has the CR my younger brother might come if he doesn't have a job by then. He would be on the 200 possibly.

So this could be concidered "research" there Jim. An excellent time to break the RM in.
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

This is the weekend. My brother talked to the guy and he will save us a shelter if enough people show up Friday night, otherwise the will give it to a bigger party. My brother will be leaving NW Indiana (about 4 hrs away) in the early afternoon.
I know my brothers and I will be there Friday night, late Friday night for me. Anyone else going Friday night?

Who all is going?
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

I'm hoping to get at least one day there, maybe two, but it'll likely be Saturday or a Saturday/Sunday thing. Gotta freshen the motor with piston/rings and a few other things. I may do some jetting there. I think there's a few spots to do that - that dragstrip may do the trick

CLICK FOR PICS!
KDXPhoneDude

Post by KDXPhoneDude »

I'll be there early Saturday morning around 9:00 am or so. It's about 1.5 hrs for me. I have a 5 man tent I'll bring if I need to.
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

Maybe I will just have to make it look like there are other people there, maybe set up another tent, bring a third bike if I can fit it. I am sure we can do something. If I knew there would be like 10 people I would just pay and then he would be certain that he gets enough $$. And then have everyone pay me.
I know that it is still flooded in spots around here anyone know what it is like in the greater Haspins area? I have an almost bald back tire and I know it is pretty slick when wet out there.
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
KDXPhoneDude

Post by KDXPhoneDude »

Based on the amount of rain (not that much) that they got in that area, I would say that it would be pretty normal at Haspin. I havn't been there lately but it's pretty dry around here in the Indy area. It can get pretty slick there so if your tire is iffy I might think about getting a another one. I might be able to come down Friday evening after work if that would make everything better as far as cost/accomodations are concerned. Let me know. I also have a almost new spare rear tire (some kind of Bridgestone 100-100-18) that my friend gave me if that would help you out (if you need a tire. Low budget riding) :grin:
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

Thanks I have a 100-110- 18. I am sure your tire will be better than mine. Bring it with you and I will check it out. Mine is almost to the wear bars. It is a few years old to say the least.
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
KDXPhoneDude

Post by KDXPhoneDude »

hey, no problem. it's kinda old but its only got one or two rides on it.
KDXPhoneDude

Post by KDXPhoneDude »

Any updates??
How am I gonna find you guys?
I drive a red 2003 S-10 ZR2 pickup.
I can't remember any shelter areas down there.
someone let me know.
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

I am not sure where we will park. My brother has a grey Jeep Cherokee and a CR 250 and I have a GMC Jimmy tan/ champaign. I haven't been there since last year. I think my brother is going to try for the shelter by the MX track, but I am not sure if that is where we will be.

My cell # is 219-789-3576. Call me when you are at the enterance. Do you know what time you will be there? I plan on leaving either late Friday and getting there around midnight or leave really early in the morning and try to be there by 9 or so.

I will try to keep my cell handy. If not I will look for other KDXers. I have a #8 on my number plates. I can always look for a purple gas tank :grin: .
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
KDXPhoneDude

Post by KDXPhoneDude »

Roger that on the purple tank!!
I plan on being there aroound 9 am on Saturday.
I'll call you when I'm on my way (about 630 am or so)
Last edited by KDXPhoneDude on 09:11 pm Sep 25 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

I should be there too Tom! Later Saturday, around 4:30 or 5:00. I may be alone, or hopefully, with Jim. I'll bring a tent. I'm sure you will remember my truck and bike. I'll call ya Saturday morning, and let you know for sure if I can make it..... :supz:
Yes, they really do let me drive the Train!
1991 KDX 250 $Sold but not forgotten....
1996 Suzuki DR 350 $Sold!
2002 Honda CR 250 worth more than my house at this point........ :-)
2004 DR 650se Road Warrior
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

Well, it turned out to be a great day on Saturday. I met Jamie, kdxphonedude, great guy, sweet ride. Went riding for a little while, came back adjusted a few things and went back out. Mostly 1st and 2nd gear single track. Great camping spot above the main trail, great until the sandrails and backfiring 4-wheelers came by about every 1/2 hour all night long.

Had one mechanical WAY back in the woods, but what is riding w/o some mechanical difficulty. After pushing a bike up and down 2 big hillclimbs we found a good sameritan with a Suzuki Samuri to pull the bike back to camp. Started crackin beers early excepI didn't really drink much at all this time.
Over all a great trip, cann't wait to go rididng again.
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER