Let's plan a west coast ride!!!

Planning a ride? Let us know about it...
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Let's plan a west coast ride!!!

Post by skipro3 »

I will be up to see Brad, AKA canyncarvr sometime this late spring or summer but I was wondering if perhaps we should also plan a group ride for all the woodsriders out there. I live in an area with several choices to ride as does Brad. Then there are other areas we would all like to try, me anyway: Idaho, Moab Utah, etc.
Is there any interest in getting a group of us together someplace for a long weekend or something?

I've ridden these areas around here (El Dorado County, California) and weather plays a big role in having a grand time. Too early and it's all snowed in or on 48 hour rain hold, too late and it's a dust bowl fire hazard. Not that I won't ride anyway, just want it to be epic for the rest of yall. Right now, it's week to week but has been glorious every single time I've gone out.

Brad's neck of the woods is some really really nice, tight, technical with some faster fireroad stuff. Hotel nearby is very acommidating too. Good pizza and beer.

I've dreamed of Idaho riding, anyone there want to marshall a ride there?

Neutral territory in Moab? I've always heard it is an excellent place.

So, if there is any interest in getting together for a weekend or something, or anyone wanting to just make it a smaller trip to Northern California, give me a shout.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Idaho?? Running over taters gotta give ya arm pump! :shock:

I've never been out west but would love too. Have to see how the finances go... and it'd have to be more than a weekend for me. I get 2 weeks a year vacation and I have to use it wisely... I want to take a week at St. Joe's and a week somewhere else.... But would be 'spensive to travel too far. Gas is getting outragously exspensive. $2.40 a gallon I paid Monday... and that's for ethanol fortified gas. I haven't even priced premium lately... afraid too!

But yeah... I'd love to ride with ya's....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

If there is a strong interest, then perhaps a group trailer to haul the bikes and bodies. That could save on cash. Also, there's camping if the weather is right, saving more on hotels, although I think the group could throw out the tent and sleeping bags at my place. (Brad's too if he's willing, he's kinda out in the woods too)

Now, a week.....hmmmmm. 2 days here in California, 2 days in Oregon, 2 days in Idaho, 2 days in Moab, 6 days of travel to and fro, nope. Gonna take 2 weeks to do it all.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Well with that kinda of itinerary... I would surely do it!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
clutchcover
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by clutchcover »

If something comes close to my way, I'd be in for a weekend. Work may or may not be a problem, I'd have to see what plans come up. Never met Idaho Charley, but I know he is an hour or so away. I'd love to be tour guide for a weekend.
P.S. I'll even cook up some spuds :mrgreen:
97 Kdx200
Summuda goodies.... But not quite enough.
DirtRoller

Post by DirtRoller »

I'm going to Vegas end of May for bachelor party, and then up to Utah for some riding.
Been to Moab, and I recommend that you do your research first before you go, and get a good map for this area. Some areas have some deep beach sand.
The slick rock is a blast just watch for blind cliffs :shock:

Idaho is a past my drive to ride distance. :sad: