Midwest pilgrimage to "The State of Jefferson" 09

Planning a ride? Let us know about it...
it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Midwest pilgrimage to "The State of Jefferson" 09

Post by it175 »

Any and all out there, interested in doing this. I am for one, but it boils down to TIME and MONEY.

There maybe a number of options available to me to help with logistics.

But for right now, lets find out if anyone else is interested in doing this. :partyman:
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I will I will I will!!!

There are 2 1/2 acres here available for tentage and nervous pooing if 'a lot' of people show up.

Well.... :hmm: maybe y'all got other plans for where to stay. I mean...it's not like I brought it up.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

....and a HOT TUB!!
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

Thanks CC, that is the type of info we need.

I'm sure this will be a long process, but we will GIT R DUN.
If you ride OVER your head. You WILL land on IT!!!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I didn't know Wibby was offering up HIS hot tub. Didn't even know he had one.......

Time of year is something to consider..and the weather AT 'that time' is always going to be in question.

Spring/Fall are generally safer bets than summer for any lands that come under the jurisidction of Department of Forestry (Oregon)..as they are the folks that deem when fire season is on/off. All BLM land is under that jurisdiction. USDA FS is separate altogether..but riding on FS land is limited to the Prospect area and Briggs Valley (Taylor Creek). It has been open throughout the summer for the past several years. Only a few trails that could be called single track..but a good many miles (couple days of riding) of managed 'slot-car' track that was put in with a SWECO and is 48" wide.

Another summer choice is Grayback. That is USDA FS also. It doesn't open up 'til late July/August due to snow.

Prospect opens July 4th weekend. Count on two of the better single track trails to be snowbound until the end of July. 'Snowbound' meaning you can get through them if you are determined..but it's hours of pushing, digging out..and wondering where in the hell you are.

Names of places thrown in for future reference.

Y'all show up...SOMEthing will be rideable!!

Oh...Spring Break (3rd/4th week of March) is historically (past 15 years) rotten weather. It's a bit early to ride most anything.

Then again..THIS year SPring Break was great. Right now? Hail/snow/sleet and right chilly.

:shock:

Consider the source

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

2200 miles each way and 33 hours drive time each way. WOW!!!

Let me know how I can help.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

2,175 mi – about 1 day 7 hours

(Ooops! Not more than 2200 m!)
Last edited by KDX Butterfly on 09:03 am Jun 07 2008, edited 1 time in total.
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Okay . . . for giggles, let's throw a few figures out on the table (because I'm interested and like fudging numbers):

2,200 mi, 16 mpg, $3.75 per gal is roughly $500, or $1,000 round trip.

Assuming that a towing rig was adequate for a party of 4 (four people, four bikes) that's roughly $350 in fuel each (each of three, owner of said rig doesn't pay gas).

33 hours of driving is eight hours for each of the party of 4. That's not so bad (is it?). Stop every 6 hours for 1/2 an hour makes it more like 36 hours. So if this party departed early (6am) on, say, a Thursday morning (like the Thursday before Labor day) we'd show up on Friday early evening. Get drunked up, or, uh rested up. Ride Sat - Mon, leave Tues at 6am to arrive Wed evening.

None of what I'm suggesting is sacred, just throwing this stuff out.

Be better if we had two rigs, one coming from each of two general locations. 8 bikers!!
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

I'd love to ride in this mythical state too. :drool:
Do you accept people from any part of the world, any skill (or lack thereof), age... or is this restricted to midleage riders (didn't say old :mrgreen: ) from midwest only? :hmm:
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I see Wib's map goes through Reno. I'm less than 2 hours from Reno. Make it to Placerville and I'll drive. I can take 3 bikes in the truck bed including mine, and a trailer of ANY size with my diesel truck. Now I know it's $100 for fuel from my place to CC's and about 6 hours if towing a trailer. Map it to Placerville and see how long that takes. You can rest up at my chalet both coming and going. In fact, we have some pretty good riding here too. Maybe have CC and Wib come down and ride here with you guys. Then a trip up to their place to ride. Whew!! I'm in!!

No Okies!!!! Sounds too much like that fag over on the DRN site. Just kidding! Yes, Oklahoma or anywhere's else is good. Got a couple guys in Arizona wanna join in?

I don't know much, but I know it will be worth the riding experiance as well as the friends you will meet!!

Listerine all around bar keep!!! And fresh horses for the men!!

****EDIt****
I've got plenty of room for people to stay. Had 18 living here over Christmas. Snuggle up, buttercup!!!!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&g ... e=UTF8&z=5
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I would not mind if Okie came

Love to show him what my clapped out p.o.s. green bike can do!
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

skipro wrote:Snuggle up, buttercup!!!!
Planes, Trains... wrote: That is NOT my pillow!!
:wink:

Consider the source

fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

I have a 6x12 and Suburban... :partyman:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Swing down and get us Fuzz...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

1) TIME OF YEAR TO RIDE.

2) An actual number of peoples to GO.

3) Everything else.

This is why we talk now, iron out the details, and DO IT.

I can use a 4 place, dual axel, electric brakes, snowmobile trailer. 22ft, Can haul, I figure, 10 bikes. And maybe the quad cab pickup or the motorhome that is used to pulling it.

Labor Day of 2009 is September 7, so either days before or after?

This is open to all who want to venture. CANADA??

Congregate at a central location, load up and be off. Then the masses can drive, fly, ride, train, walk, run, whatever to "THE STATE".

I called an airline and asked, if I bought a ticket for me AND my bike to where we could both sit in the cabin, and they said NO. :shock: :shock:

Hell, I weigh more then the bike does.

Lets keep talking!!
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

For **** and giggles I ploted a few possible ways to get there, maybe I could meet other riders on the way :supz: . Otherwise, it'd be just me on a lonnnng trip, not even sure if my old 4 banger and cheapo trailer would make it this far :?

Last edited by scheckaet on 01:09 pm Apr 21 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Only take me 1 day 8 hours from my house.... I would need a day to recover with beverages and cook some of your local critters. Then I would or should be good to go! :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

So maybe Dekalb land is a place for those of us reasonably close by to meet?
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

I wish I could go on a group ride. Heck, I have only even met one Okie form this site so far (dirtkid) so I'm not doing too good in regards to the group ride thing.

My wife (and kids) goes to her parents every June for 4 to 6 weeks. I will be free to ride as much as I want then. Have you guys ever done a group ride some place like Moab? I can get there in about 12 hours - I think.