Oregon Group Ride

Planning a ride? Let us know about it...
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I'd liked to try that autoclutch some more, if'n I coulda stayed on the seat!!

Man, sorry Jerry but that cover is a P.O.S.!

I doubt armor all could make it any slicker!
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Wow! That hurt my feelings. Wait, I ride standing up. So maybe it doesn't matter what the seat cover is made of.

You can try the auto clutch anytime you want. Your little buddy too; he can try it any time. Just ask. I couldn't even bribe CC to try it. Says the power is all wrong. Well, o.k. One thing I might do is adjust the engagement RPM speed on the clutch so it slips a little more at lower revs. That'll let it build a little more power when I'm bogging.

Now, as far as hill climbing; There was 1, count 'em, ONE hill had trouble with that CC and Wib didn't. It was end of day. I was TIRED and I mean really tired. Seems we started riding on Friday with a little loop while waiting for Wib that CC had some trouble on. In fact, I kinda lost count of the hills he had trouble on. We had to wait for him though, he had the listerine bottle. Wib, can you count the # of hills he had difficulty on? And where is that "screwed by a tree" spot anyways??? Hmmmmm??? Must a been that hill I heard the bike completely die on. Then start again. Then die again. But hey, friends don't count the # of times other friends choke on hills, do they? Ha!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote: Now, as far as hill climbing; There was 1, count 'em, ONE hill had trouble with that CC and Wib didn't.
Guess you can't really call this one a hill, since it was only 4' tall :lol:

http://wibby.smugmug.com/gallery/470245 ... d3G/Medium
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Hey Jerry!

Been half the darn week, so where's YOUR pics???
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

You won't see them now!!!

BTW, I didn't have any trouble with that hill. I had trouble with the creek just before the hill. As you know, once I had recovered from the creek, I made the hill just fine.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
GS

Post by GS »

Would it bother you if they didn't use that video in a sales promo for their autoclutch?

Ha Ha!!

I'm sure that nasty hill/creek would have 'gotten' anybody! :lol:
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

That'll let it build a little more power when I'm bogging.
Is that RB'd? 38mm, right? I think you'd be impressed w/ a 36mm PWK in there.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

geez! I'm SO glad everyone feels my riding skills and lack there of had NOTHING to do with the ability to get up anything the first try. That it was all the auto clutch fault. Fine. Stay ignorant if you want. Fact is, if I didn't have it, then you'd really know what a crap rider I am and how much the auto clutch gets me through things. Fact also is, I climbed hills that killed some other bikes and not just this trip but after much practice and several attempts over the years. It was my first try at any of this terrain; not the 2 dozenth as SOME riders may have done. And yet, I still made it up ALL the hills. Only a few hundred feet of that last one and that was because I was radioed to not come up; it was a dead end. So, based on my inexperiance with the area, and the other riders full experiance with the area, I think I did dang good!!
I'm warning y'all; come to MY woods and I will put the same expectations on you; I'll take you up hills and over ground I ride frequently and then blame your for-**** lack-of-autoclutch bike for not making the grade.

No, it's not RB'ed I talked with Ron and he told me to not expect the performance increase a KDX sees. Same with the head milling. The KX250 I have has plenty of poop to get me over anything I want. My riding skills tackleing a hill that those leading me are very familiar with isn't much fair when trying to pin the cause on the bike or the rider. Take me back there, (I should have insisted the next day when I was fresh) and I'm sure I would have made the hill without any problem.

O.K. I'm no longer addressing anything in regards to the auto clutch or riding in Oregon. If posers want to sit at a computer critqueing my and my bike's off road worthiness; with an almost unused bike sitting in their garage, go ahead!!!
Jerry

fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Yeah, I remember you saying that about the RB'd 38 and it suprised me.

One thing I do know for fact from experience the the low-end benefit from a 36mm carb. Well, I tried a 35mm KDX PWK on my WR and it was a complete tractor when compared to the 38(which isn't too shabby to start with). I know the 250 has plenty of poop, but you'd be amazed as to how much of it will end up in the lower intestines w/ the smaller carb. Even some of the peaky orange bikes are coming w/ 36's now....Not just the 300. I never did get mine jetted right as it needed a different slide, and all kinds of crap, and didn't fit the airbox boot so why bother(just an experiment). It was way off, and I still noticed large idle-1/4 throttle improvement with mild enemia up top, and that's with a rev pipe. The thing will idle up hills like an XR...Course that's with a WR trans, but I was honestely suprised nonetheless....and that was with a fresh plug in it as Inda and I found my 35mm's 250 jetting to be worth about 1 gallon before the plug was shot. :oops: 36-39(maybe 40) are the same body, and one of these days I'll treat myself with one.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:geez! I'm SO glad everyone feels my riding skills and lack there of had NOTHING to do with the ability to get up anything the first try. That it was all the auto clutch fault. Fine. Stay ignorant if you want. Fact is, if I didn't have it, then you'd really know what a crap rider I am and how much the auto clutch gets me through things. Fact also is, I climbed hills that killed some other bikes and not just this trip but after much practice and several attempts over the years. It was my first try at any of this terrain; not the 2 dozenth as SOME riders may have done. And yet, I still made it up ALL the hills. Only a few hundred feet of that last one and that was because I was radioed to not come up; it was a dead end. So, based on my inexperiance with the area, and the other riders full experiance with the area, I think I did dang good!!
I'm warning y'all; come to MY woods and I will put the same expectations on you; I'll take you up hills and over ground I ride frequently and then blame your for-**** lack-of-autoclutch bike for not making the grade.

No, it's not RB'ed I talked with Ron and he told me to not expect the performance increase a KDX sees. Same with the head milling. The KX250 I have has plenty of poop to get me over anything I want. My riding skills tackleing a hill that those leading me are very familiar with isn't much fair when trying to pin the cause on the bike or the rider. Take me back there, (I should have insisted the next day when I was fresh) and I'm sure I would have made the hill without any problem.

O.K. I'm no longer addressing anything in regards to the auto clutch or riding in Oregon. If posers want to sit at a computer critqueing my and my bike's off road worthiness; with an almost unused bike sitting in their garage, go ahead!!!
Geez Jerry! did not mean to get your pink polka dot pannies all bunched up in a wad

Not sure where your info is coming from? I'd never been up that hill b4, been downit once

You'd a been alright with a M5B, that 952 just aint worth beans up there, but you KNEW that :?
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Enough about your riding ability or lack there of

Lets talk about that manly physic!

((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

SUPER CLOSE UP

((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I recall the story on the hill was you had either never made it up, or never made it up on the first go. But, there were several hills like that.

I don't wear panties, pink, polka dot, or any other kind. But you knew that. I saw you peeking as I changed into and out of my riding gear as well as when Carvr turned on the hot tub light.

Now, as far as anyone thinking they can out ride me, the great skipro3, well, it can't be done. I am the best when the playing field is even. Meaning same /equal experience on the terrain. Don't matter what I ride. However, that little trick Wib does on hills with roots.... I'm not sure how he keeps a bike running in place without using his clutch, but he does. Nor how he starts his bike when it's rolling back down the hill, but he does that too.

I want another play date, so let me know when.
Jerry

Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I donut need no steenking autoclutch!
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

It's all good!

Some days are diamonds...some days are stones.

Wait..diamonds ARE stones!! :hmm:

Yep. I had more'n my share of retries..and some pushing to boot! It hasn't been keeping me up nights. About the time I think I'll bet on outriding someone is the afternoon of the morning of their wake. There's easily a make-or-break difference from one day to the next 'round here. No news there.

I just like to ride! :wink:

And any of youse guys are welcome to come on down for a spin.

May be a redeaux May 16-17-18!!!

Time for a new thread!!

Who's coming next month!! :shock:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

ARe you sure you want me back that soon? Ha!! Start a thread and I'll be first to sign up. But, then.... maybe no one else will show. I don't wanna let me stand in their way. Ho!!!

I just need to get out some more and forget the world. Riding does the trick. Riding with buddies does it even more!! I've noticed; the more I ride the more zen it becomes. Even the failures are focused.

Green Passion, are you in? ebeck? I wanna see that hybred! Make it as far north as Sacramento and I'm providing transport the last 380 miles!! Round trip even. Wib will want KDXquebec to make the trip I'm sure.
Jerry

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

ARe you sure you want me back that soon? Ha!! Start a thread and I'll be first to sign up. But, then.... maybe no one else will show. I don't wanna let me stand in their way. Ho!!!

I just need to get out some more and forget the world. Riding does the trick. Riding with buddies does it even more!! I've noticed; the more I ride the more zen it becomes. Even the failures are focused.

Green Passion, are you in? ebeck? I wanna see that hybred! Make it as far north as Sacramento and I'm providing transport the last 380 miles!! Round trip even. Wib will want KDXquebec to make the trip I'm sure.
Jerry

firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

Sorry I missed out on all of the fun. I was in sunny southern Cal, enjoying Disneyland with my wife and kids. Sounds like tons of fun though. Let me know when you old geezers are going again. You all should make a trek up North here sometime.
'
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I'm looking at going back May 16, 17, 18 if the date holds good for Carvr and Wib.
Jerry

Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

You gonna bring a REAL back tire this time?
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))