Are we there yet?

Planning a ride? Let us know about it...
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Are we there yet?

Post by skipro3 »

O.K.
Carvr
Wibby
I'm sick and tired of reading about all the great riding you guys been doing.

Here are the dates and days I have available for sure. (My wife is out of town these dates)

1. April 18-21
2. April 25-28
3. May 16-19

I can go other dates too, but for those dates, i don't have to make it up to the little woman for letting me go. In fact, I'm planning to not tell her. Let her think I spent the time alllll alone, fending for myself so she treats me good.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

What the crap!!??!

You don't want me to come up there? Ignoring me?? Ha!!

I bet you are all just too busy right now..... Hmmmmm
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Oh, you mean this one?
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Come up over a weekend and I'll be there, rain or shine!

Carvr left for the Dunes this mornin with Dunescreaminmama! They won't be back til Friday. Sadly I had to cancel, it's been tearin me up that I can't go :cry:

BTW, last few rides... Brad keeps saying "Man Jerry would just love this ****!"
we rode 35 miles Satrday, it was freaking awesome! We rode trails that looked like they had not been ridden in years

It was a bit slippery out. That red clay is like riding on ice. I almost went down more times than I can count and somewhere managed to pull a hamstring, I was a whining, all day, getting on and off my Hyster

Went up there tonight after work on my Vstrom, just riding logging roads. Hit a corner too fast on some of that slick red snot and went all the way around (180*) before I slammed all 550lbs of my lil dualsport to the ground :lol: Standing was hard 'nuff. Shoulda saw me pic the lil beast back up!

:wink:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Someone sent me this of my local riding area after quadtards got to it...

I just LOVE quad riders!

Jerry

Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Well the WHITE **** is back!

Went over the hill on Tuesday and it was all melted but went over this afternoon and it's all covered back up and still snowin.... :prayer:
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Mr. Skipro...the 3rd even:

OK. Got the dates. It needs be another 'we'll let you know' sort of thing. This time of year six inches of white stuff can drop without warning..and miles of snow isn't my idea of a good time.

Well...neither is much of any fraction of miles.

It would be best to be able to ride multiple areas..Taylor Ck. Quartz Ck. Johns Peak and Prospect..but each is almost exclusive to the other(s). By the time one is open, the other is closed, etc.

Quartz Ck. would keep us good'n busy for a weekend trip.

How about some input from the NWet Or crowd? At least several guys up that way need to get down here.

FarmerJ is back on the forum......I think maybe? You still got a green bike, Jeff???

C'mon guys...let's see some State of Jefferson single track!!!

Re: trail damage

A sand road to the beach (Hauser) had water on it this past week. Of three guys looking at it while I was there, one of 'em had just pulled his quad out after going in over the bars, another on one'a those huge 4WD quads tried another approach...inched along fine...until he slid off an edge and started blowing bubbles with his machine. No quads made that hole. THAT'S 4WD trucks playing what they think is a funny on the only beach access within miles, just trying to muck things up for everyone else AND cost riders maybe thousands of $$ in the process.

Puckers!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I want all that single track that looks as if no one has ridden it for years. Don't dumb it down and don't go thinking someone else isn't up to par to ride this stuff if someone else comes to the party. I want to be selfish and ride the best you've got to ride and the heck with anyone who can't keep up!! Ha!!

I've got an auto clutch and I got 250cc of power and I'm not afraid to use it. I'm ready to go those dates if you are. Other dates, I need a little heads-up, but if that isn't possible, then I'll find a way. I wanna ride your woods.

I understand about snow. I HATE riding a dirt bike in any snow at all. Just not my idea of fun. Mud is o.k. Dust is o.k. but I want potting soil conditions if at all possible.
Jerry

Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|QBB<[/url]
skipro3 wrote:Someone sent me this of my local riding area after quadtards got to it...

I just LOVE quad riders!

Careful there Ski!

Couple of quad riders are taking me out for B-Day Sushi tonite! :supz:
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Bastards!!!

BTW, happy birthday you great big, lovable fuzz ball!!! Tip one for me and I'll do the same this evening!!
Jerry

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Wibbens: I swear...quit quoting reposts of pics or I'm going to shoot you. I HATE that waste of time crap..and you know it. Shirley, I'm cereal 'bout it!!

Re: 'I want all that single track that looks as if no one has ridden it for years. Don't dumb it down and don't go thinking someone else isn't up to par to ride this stuff if someone else comes to the party. I want to be selfish and ride the best you've got to ride and the heck with anyone who can't keep up!! Ha!!'

Dumb it down? Not up to par? Who said anything about that? You're invited aren't 'ya? :hmm: Well...OK...maybe I DID say sumthin' about that.........

Chances are good I'll be the one not keeping up. I'm batting .500 on some of this stuff.

Re:'..I'm not afraid to use it...'

Sure thing, boss! We could use another Californy bike hanging in a tree like a Christmas ornament! :lol:

Here's a heads up...how about the weekend of April 13/14? For unrelated reasons (meaning reasons not related to riding), that may be a good one to shoot for for me.

Well, ONE weekend, anyway.

What say you?

I don't see anything from you other moss covered web-footed beaver-toothed Orygoners................ Well?

Consider the source

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

April 13, 14 is not a weekend. Well, not this year anyways. April 12, 13 is.

Not on my list. Didn't you read the list? Did you at least LOOK at the list? Geeze Louise!!!

O.K. fine! I'll be there. You just get me onto some of that sweeeet trails I keep seeing photos of.

Ornament indeed!! 500cc will do that to a fella. He won't be coming BTW. Well, I don't know for sure, I haven't asked him, but he's STILL mad at me. I mean, HELLO!! Time to stop taking the estrogen supliments. What a girlie man!!! I WILL ask him though. His reaction to that question is just too priceless to miss!!

Now, go look at the list of dates and see if any of them work too. Or perhaps you aren't allowed to just take off and ride anymore? :mrgreen: :butthead:
Jerry

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Yes, Mrs. Skipro3..I DID look at the list. No, Mrs. Skipro3, the earlier dates were NOT on this list, but you DID say, 'I can go other dates too...', and yes, Mrs. Skipro3, I was off a number on the earlier weekend.

Geeze Louise indeed!!!

I also understood, Mrs. Skipro3, that the list YOU posted are the dates YOU are allowed to 'just take off and ride..' when your boss is out of town..but maybe that list don't fit when MY boss is out of town...

Geeze Louise..........

Criminy...take your pills!

Consider the source

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I went riding today. Couldn't wait until the 14th.

Here are some photos!!

Doug on the flume trail. Notice the angle the camera is at to take the photo. It's a drop off!!

Me flying low!!

Darell missed the trail a bit on the flume.

Darell coming up Rock Lobster.

Rock Lobster for lunch!!

All photos over at Rock Creek where we rode with m0rie....
Jerry

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Crud!!

Photos won't show. I guess you'll have to copy/paste to URL line.

****EDIT****

Just go here on ThumperTalk and view the photos!!
Be sure to go to page two. There are more photos there.
What an awesome ride today!!!
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showth ... p?t=625004
Last edited by skipro3 on 10:15 pm Mar 30 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Hotlinking to another site? The NERVE of some people.........

Rock Lobster for lunch!!
one

Darell coming up Rock Lobster.
two

Darell missed the trail a bit on the flume.
three

Me flying low!!
four

Doug on the flume trail. Notice the angle the camera is at to take the photo. It's a drop off!!
five

...too much trouble for Mrs. Skipro3? :hmm:

Seems the tree-hanger is talking to you...or he went riding with Darrell? :?

Consider the source

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I thought snapfish is a photo hosting site. It's just they don't URL as a GIF or JPG so they don't show up on Vince's limited forum..... Hmmmmm

Doug joined the group ride hosted by another mutual riding buddy. He still isn't talking or thinks too highly of me as yet, but it was a 9 rider group, so it was easy for him to avoid me. He'll get over it someday,,,, or not. I don't care anymore. I've got at least 7 other riding buddies after today.

Check out the thumperTalk link. There are more photos there as well. One of the best riding days I've had in California.
Jerry

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Nice pics, conditions looked sweet!!!!
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Mopey/dopey or not...you ought'a come over morie! No downside to it. The UPside is, you maybe won't have to wait as long for me to 'get' there!

I'm sure you could ingest enough C2H5OH to keep any bug at least at bay!!

It's a short weekend..not time for multiple places...but we'll save those for the NEXT time!!!

...you guys gotta ride Taylor Creek.........

Consider the source