Eagle Creek Park

Planning a ride? Let us know about it...
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Eagle Creek Park

Post by Jeb »

A few of us threw together a get-together at a place called Eagle Creek Park, roughly 8 miles east of Owenton, KY. Rick, Andy, another Rick - a fella who's new to dirt bikes - and myself spent the better part of yesterday at a place none of us had been before yet were anxious to try.

I think the vote was a thumbs up from us all and we're gonna be repeat customers! We spent most of the time making round after round on a trail marked for a previous harescramble that was roughly 6-7 miles long. It would have been harder to have the right mix of easy/moderate/difficult because the "new guy" was able to hang yet it was technical/taxing enough for the rest of us to end up feeling pleasantly whipped by the time 5pm rolled around. We didn't experience all of it (based on the claim of trail length we saw about half or less), but most of it was tight with plenty of rocks, roots, holes, deer, overhanging tree limbs, and some mud (not too much, 'been pretty dry around here). The trail was crawl-speed in some places. In others one could pick up some pretty good speed if you had the nerve (fast but gnarly!). I'd call the hills easy-to-moderately difficult.

All-in-all, a great day! Here's a few pictures; I didn't capture as much as I would have liked to but we were having far too much fun to spend too much time takin' pictures!

Here's a shot of a wide-open fast section . . .

Here's one of Andy on his new-to-him KDX200 and some new duds . . .

A steep downhill that gets even steeper, complete with some deep ruts and half-buried, watermelon sized rocks (couldn't get stopped to take a picture of the steeper spot) ending at the bank of Eagle Creek, a small river!!

Some trailside repairs on the DR in the dried-up creek bottoms . . .
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Sick. Looks like a fun day. Do you have any pictures of the mud?
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

I had a great time! So far, this is gonna be my go to place. We all had a blast! If Jim(jeb) keeps wrenching on his 220, he's gonna need a parachute! Very nice! Too bad he's going under the knife soon. His 220 feals like a 125 compared to my old 250,weight wise! I was doubling a couple of jumps on mine, but if i was on his, i'm sure i could have tripled a few. I'll tell ya, if your any where near the Cincinnati area, this place is well worth the trip! I cant wait to see how it is after a little rain. Bye the way, don't let Jim fool ya. He does have a bum knee, but he can still fly!
Yes, they really do let me drive the Train!
1991 KDX 250 $Sold but not forgotten....
1996 Suzuki DR 350 $Sold!
2002 Honda CR 250 worth more than my house at this point........ :-)
2004 DR 650se Road Warrior
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
2001kdx wrote:Sick. Looks like a fun day. Do you have any pictures of the mud?
Sorry, no mud pics . . . I never end up taking as many pictures as I'd like to, I'm going to work on that a bit on future rides!
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!