More KY Ridin' somewhere south of Cincy . . .

Planning a ride? Let us know about it...
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

More KY Ridin' somewhere south of Cincy . . .

Post by Jeb »

. . . just found out about it. It's called Eagle Creek Park. On the map it's just east of Owenton . . .

I estimate it to be just about halfway between La Grange and Independence (45 minutes either way roughly). Ten minutes from the Corinth exit on I75, making it a reasonable trip for somebody from Richmond!

What's purportedly there (as described):
  • *500 acres of well-marked trails next to Eagle Creek
    *Well-maintained trail system, decent hills, mostly wooded (YEAH)
    *Small mx track
    *Quoting the source (another website) "the riding is better here than at Haspin Acres"
I'm going to try to check it out Sunday (it's my b-day so I'll have Carte Blanche) and report back. Anybody want to join me?

Map of approx location:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... &z=10&om=0
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

I just saw that place too! AKA another site. To bad I gotta work... :cry: Let me know how it is. Were getting closer every time! Oh, and my bike is still in a hundred pieces anyway....
Yes, they really do let me drive the Train!
1991 KDX 250 $Sold but not forgotten....
1996 Suzuki DR 350 $Sold!
2002 Honda CR 250 worth more than my house at this point........ :-)
2004 DR 650se Road Warrior
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
Rick wrote:I just saw that place too! AKA another site. To bad I gotta work... :cry: Let me know how it is. Were getting closer every time! Oh, and my bike is still in a hundred pieces anyway....
Will do, I'll prob take Brandon since it's got the MX track on the condition he rides some trails with me . . .

Better git that bike back together!!!!
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
crf_kdx

Post by crf_kdx »

Hmmm . . . that looks to be only about 80 miles from Richmond. Well within our travel zone. However, I have promised Austin a multi-day outing and we're headed the other direction to ride Redbird Crest Trails Thursday through Sunday (maybe Monday).

Report back on what you find to the group.
"There are two kinds of adventurers: those who go truly hoping to find adventure and those who go secretly hoping they won't."
~ William Trogdon

2002 Honda Shadow ACE 750
2005 KDX 200 (mine)
2006 CRF 250X (son's)

2004 TTR 125LE (for sale)

KORHS Series: Senior C
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I'm here looking for Jeb's pics he just resized.

Where'd they go?

500 acres?

You guys really have to come out this-a-way for a ride. It's only money out the tailpipe!!

Out here..within easy drive range...the figure is hundreds of thousands of acres.

I'm not knocking any area or making sport. Come out this way, I'll rent you floor space for a sleeping bag for nothing, have the rides of your life!!

...well, if 500 acres is what you're used to..........

Just a thought.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:I'm here looking for Jeb's pics he just resized.

Where'd they go?

500 acres?

You guys really have to come out this-a-way for a ride. It's only money out the tailpipe!!

Out here..within easy drive range...the figure is hundreds of thousands of acres.

I'm not knocking any area or making sport. Come out this way, I'll rent you floor space for a sleeping bag for nothing, have the rides of your life!!

...well, if 500 acres is what you're used to..........

Just a thought.
'Made three business trips recently to your part of the country within the past few months - or at least it's in the vicinity: Portland. Or are you talkin' the desert part of OR?

Drove out to Mt. Hood. On two of those trips. By myself and just for myself to see not only Mt. Hood but all that country in between Portland and Mt. Hood. Gosh!! Vintage vastness, very breathtaking. My favorite was the area around the Zigzag River (I think there was a town called Zigzag, too).

Are them the kinda parts your talkin' about? (I'm assuming you know the area to which I'm referring). Not necessarily that location, but ones like it.

The thought about coming out that way for some riding is quite intriguing. Sounds like some of us Easterners need to make a plan . . . might not be until next spring or summer.

Wouldn't that be a blast!

Guess we'll just settle for that 500 acres for the time being . . .

RE: Floorspace rental - thanks for the offer, don't be surprised if you end up with a bunch of us hillbillys at your doorstep eventually!

Oh yeah, the pics (resized on the camera but I'm gonna take a shot at the software you mentioned) . . .
http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/modules. ... _album.php

CLICK FOR PICS!
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

I think the "ride" you mentioned CC sounds great! The ""'''' were 4 U! :lol: Im like Jeb. Would luv 2, but it might b next year.... :sad: Need more vacation! Ever thought about comin this way? Maybe half way?
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Not speaking for CC but i'd love to give Moab a spin one of these days...among other places east of here....
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

Im sure with good planing, some of us could meet up. Im sure I can speak for myself and Jim, And Andy, next years an open book! I know, its along way from now, but planning ahead for a long trip is a must!
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Portland? Desert?

Neither.

The State of Jefferson is a couple hundred miles south of the liberal infested Happy area known as the Willamette Valley.

It's only 55 miles from Portland to Gvt. Camp....a puny little part of the 'vintage vastness' of the west.

I've lived back east. I know what it's like. Folks that haven't been out of that part of the country tend to think that's the way things are. 'Remote' means you may need to buckle your sandals to walk to the store.

Around here, idiots from out of state take 'shortcuts' across the mountains in their Saabs..run out of gas...and die! And THAT is with hundreds of people, airplanes and helicopters LOOKING for them!

Zigzag is on Hwy 26...right between a couple of so-called 'wilderness areas'. No riding going on in those sorts-a places. The State of Oregon is 54% owned and unoperated by The Feds.... otherwise known as The Phailing Phallics.

Moab? The Arab?

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!