Michigan CCC

Planning a ride? Let us know about it...
Recan

Michigan CCC

Post by Recan »

I havn't loggeed on in a while. But I seen my last post, and thought I would throw this out there. There is a big ride coming up. The Rights of spring tour. It's supposed to be pretty big. It's 136 miles for off road, Dual sport about 200 miles, a novice ride, and rider education on sight. there is camping on the fair grounds. It's being heald in Atlanta, Michigan. I think you can't fined a link to the info if you go to http://www.cycleconservationclub.org If you can't make this ride they have a full list of more rides threw the season. And if ya can make the color tour!! It is a great time!! (and my cousin is in the club that runs it LOL) Hope to see some KDX'ers out some time this year!
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

I cannt get the link to work. Do you have to be plated to ride the big rides? I am in NW Indiana but MI isn't far away. :grin: You guys have alot of trails I wouldn't mind riding but they are all in Northern MI. :cry: :doh:
Riding is living everything else, is just waiting.
Master of the casual pace
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
Recan

Post by Recan »

Try iy agin, I just clicked it and got right to it. Only the dual sport ya need a plait for. In fact a bunch of the countys up north have past bills stating that we can ride on the county roads with just an ORV sticker. Just need to stay to the right, and bellow 25. My son loves it!! LOL Tell me about it. About 60% of the registerd orv, and dirtbike owners are in southeast michigan. But yet we still have to drive a LONG way for trails. And I'm not sure about takin my slow @$$ to a track. But I'm still holding out hope to fined somewere closer!!! I usta go to Mumie ohio, but ohio dosn't honor the Michigan orv anymore.
Sport
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Michgan CCC

Post by Sport »

Yep, the Atlanta area has some GREAT riding opportunities :mrgreen: as does anywhere from Houghton Lake area northerly. I live in Central Michigan's Isabella county and have rode the virtually everywhere the State DNR trail system will take you in the north on snowmobile. Have not rode motorcycle in these parts with the exception of Kalkaska area, I have rode in a couple enduro events in that area. IT'S ADDICTING!

The 6 dayer sounds like FUN. :pop:

If interested in riding the north stay in touch.

CHEERS
Bad Boyz Toy Box
05 KDX 220R Dad'
05 PW 50 Son's
07 KX 85 Son's
02 Polaris 700 4-wheeeler Whom ever

See Ya on the next one.
Sport
Recan

Post by Recan »

I wanna get my bike plated so I can do an enduro. My son and my self are always up for a trip for riding (just have to get to worden/accountant to give me a weekend pass/Money! LOL) I really wont to get it more than just 2 or 3 rides in this season. Our first year we went every weekend in Maumee. But Not anymore! (d@mn) I have a lead on a guy with some land somewere north of hear that lets people ride his track, for a small donation (not required). Outher than that looking at mey be a track (ick, kinda gun shy on that.)