St. Joe's in Missouri [CANCELLED til '06]

Planning a ride? Let us know about it...
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

St. Joe's in Missouri [CANCELLED til '06]

Post by Indawoods »

Hello All!
This spring we are planning a group ride at St. Joe's in Missouri. Please check out their website http://www.mostateparks.com/stjoe.htm

We are looking at May if we can get it scheduled with everone who wants to go.
Let us know..... :D
Thanks!
Last edited by Indawoods on 11:20 pm May 27 2005, edited 2 times in total.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

Hey, I'm in Blue Springs, Mo. Let me know when your going to do this. I'd like to go.

Jon.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Hi Jon... there will be more info in the spring ... we are going to do it, but I just want to see how much interest there is. I would like to get some of the guys from further away too... get them to ride in a little different terrain! Expect to see other group rides announced. :grin:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I think I'm a bit TOO far away.... I'm still hoping to make Dirtweek one year.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

TRAITOR!!!! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

I got a buddy that I turned on to this site that would probably go with his two boys, so theres three more guys that'l probably go if that helps.

Jon.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

GREAT! The more the merrier! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

:rolleyes: Hook, Line and sinker.... :butthead:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Here is a link to the campsite we will be using. They take reservations so I think we should seriously think about a date for this shindig.

http://www.mostateparks.com/stjoe/camp1.htm#

I am thinking the end of May... maybe the 21st-29th

If you have an RV.. I will be sleeping with you. :lol:
I hope I can get one by then...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

INPUT???? :neutral:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

I'll have to check out my schedule. I was talking to my buddy yesterday about this ride and he's a go as of right now. We just did'nt know what time frame or dates we would be going. I'll let him know it may be the date you said.

What is required for the bike? Any permits????

Jon.
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

Oh any camp ground would be fine with me.

Jon.
bigal007

Post by bigal007 »

Would love to spend a few days riding and fishing up there. Date as it is now would be a problem for me though. My kids have finals that week and my senior graduates, so I should probably be there. :? Keep in mind that I will bring beer and tell Fuzzy no need to bring his gun cause I'll share. Plenty to go around Fuzzy. :lol:
91 KDX200
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

I'm open on dates thus right now, just would like to nail down some dates well ahead to make some plans.

I'm in the middle of trying to sell my house and move also. But I'd love to get together an ride some new trails.

I've never been to St. Joe park but work with some guys who'd been there and loved it. I hope it's not like Columbia Mo. Finger Lakes was. It was very rutted out from ATV's and 4-wheel drive vehicles. Some of those ruts looked like some of the lakes we rode around.

Jon.
Rod Smith
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rod Smith »

I never saw anything more about a ride at St Joe in May but I would be interested. By the way I will be there July5th-10th at Campsite 114 in the new part if anyone wants to stop by. If you have never been there the good trails are around the perimeter of the park as well as some go fast areas out in the mine tailings area. The showersrestrooms are top notch. I usually go to Chadwick ride area several times year also. If anyone knows of some good triails in Central Illinois I would like to hear about those as well.

Rod
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

I'm game...Can't go for a week, or Memorial day weekend though. Maybe I'll just hang the 1st weekend, and then head home... :cry: Some a-hole sucked me into going to the Indy500 w/ them....Would much rather go riding!
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
karbon_dunn

Post by karbon_dunn »

Then bring your bike Fuzzy!! Badlands is only about 45 minutes from the track and Haspin is about an hour in the other direction. Of course we could ride on the golf course inside/outside the track and use the tunnel. Most people are either too drunk or watching the race to see if we would be riding on the course.
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

LOL! Just sucks as I'll be starting a new job here pretty soon(I hope)....You know how taking a week off right after you start a job can go :sad:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project