saw alot of kdxs at loretta lynn's

Planning a ride? Let us know about it...
89kdx200rdr
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

saw alot of kdxs at loretta lynn's

Post by 89kdx200rdr »

i saw alot of kdx's at loretta lynn's this weekend. surely someone from this site was there. anyway that was a preety good weekend ride. if you didnt go you missed out.
1989 KDX 200
2003 KX 250
2006 KX 250F
gabem

Post by gabem »

Yep, I was there and my son's 220 was one you probably saw. (Upper campground near the entrance to the main trail on Friday & Sunday) We both noticed how many green machines were on the trail. I rode my KTM250EXC 2-T 70% of the time, and when I got on the trusty KDX, I loved how easy it was to ride. Though it felt much smaller, the bike was more comfortable. I rode it one gear higher and much lower RPM than my pumpkin, still popping wheelies in 4th gear easily, that thing is a torque monster. This is the bike for sale in the classified section on this site.

About the ride, it was a great time :grin: , this is my 8th ride at LL's, between the spring & fall, and I can't remember a time when the trails were in better shape. The rain earlier in the week and the Thursday downpour made the dirt pack really good. Traction was great except for a little slippery on Sunday when it started to dry up a bit, but still there was no dust (remember last fall :cry: )
All in all I rate the ride as the best I've been on and the most I enjoyed riding with my boys. Luke (KDX220) and I ride at about the same speed and are getting in a few good battles, but he has much more stamina than my 44 yr old frame can handle. He tells me this was the best he had ridden and after the ride was over, he wishes we had more time on the trails. Just not enough tylenol in the medicine bag for me.... :?

Thanks Tom, Tripp, Keith, Kelly, Dave Lotz, all the volunteers; Alan and the entire ranch staff; and of course the may sponsors for your support.
Can't wait till the spring ride.
I hope more KDX'rs who went chime in here soon with their ride reports
Gabe
KTM250 EXC (2-T)
MTDR Board Member/Secretary
http://www.mtdr.net