Moonrocks Monday

Planning a ride? Let us know about it...
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Moonrocks Monday

Post by skipro3 »

Well, I won't be going to Oregon, but maybe someone up there would like to come down and ride with us at moonrocks, Nevada. We are going on Monday since it is a holiday.

Domenic, come along and join the fun! You aren't going to have any fun over the weekend at PC anyway.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Domenic_200

Re: Moonrocks Monday

Post by Domenic_200 »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:Well, I won't be going to Oregon, but maybe someone up there would like to come down and ride with us at moonrocks, Nevada. We are going on Monday since it is a holiday.

Domenic, come along and join the fun! You aren't going to have any fun over the weekend at PC anyway.
:mrgreen: We're thinking of hitting Moonrocks on Monday..I'll know by Thursday..

Domenic
2003 kdx200w/kx frorks

PIC's http://photobucket.com/albums/y168/daudisio
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Moonrocks Monday

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote: We are going on Monday since it is a holiday.
And what friggen holiday would that be? :?

The holidays are over with up here :mad:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

The state of California has declaired the 3rd Monday in January as Martin Luther King Day. All I care about is that I get the day off with pay. Since I also have Friday off that week, (I work a 9/80 shift), I put in for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday off. 3 Days of vacation and I get 9 days off in a row. That's a bargain.

Moon Rocks Monday!!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

We get the first day of deer season off with pay but we don't get MLK day off :neutral:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

WELL weeEEEEeee don't get MLK or first D/S day off !!! :evil: Consider yourselves lucky... :sad: Bastages !!! :rolleyes: :lol:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Domenic_200

Post by Domenic_200 »

Looking good for Monday :grin: unless some A-rider runs me over Sunday. I'll be riding up with the Moonrocks guide, Bob. You'll get to see the best that area has to offer.

Domenic
2003 kdx200w/kx frorks

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Everyone else; hear that?! We got us a guide who knows what he's talking about!! Be there! Or at least call or PM to set up a meeting place. Are we going to meet you up there Domenic?

Check out the thread here:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showth ... ge=1&pp=10

BTW What did you mean by "this character Jerry"? :lol:
Jerry

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Sounds like fun...better be a ride report when your done.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Domenic_200

Post by Domenic_200 »

Jerry.

I would like to meet for breakfast somewhere, but will depend if I drive or not. Bob will be hellbent on getting there by 8.. Bob is a real good guy, and a good rider. Hard to believe I broke him into riding two years ago and use to lead the fast riders. Now he leads and I bring up the rear with the other squids. He rode every weekend the last two years, plus week trips while on vacation. Knows every inch of trail in NorCal, plus Moonrocks. We're going to have an EPIC ride in Nevada.. :supz: Now to get the rain gear ready for PC..take care

Domenic
2003 kdx200w/kx frorks

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

O.K. I'll keep you informed as our plans get together.

m0rie: not too late to make it down!
Carvr: Here's you chance to ride the desert. We won't be doing that in May I believe.
And bring you little buddy, Wibby too. The three of you could join up to share the fuel charges.

Anyone else out there waiting for an invite, you better speak up. I'm going to spend the next two days preping my bike so I can stand a chance of keeping up with these guys. Domenic has me a little scared about the pace.

Good luck with the PCGP this weekend too!!
Jerry

Domenic_200

Post by Domenic_200 »

Last year was the first time riding moonrocks..Only rode in Nevada during the Virginia City GP. I was very surprised to find so much single track and fantastic sand washes to ride. After a great hill climb and some single track, take a sand wash down with fifty corners with 10+ foot berms. Out in the open valley same thing, hidden sand washes. Plus throw in an MX track in the middle of no where. Very diverse riding and nice to have during the CA winter. I don't have the WR to enjoy the high speed riding anymore, so I may just ride around the staging area like spode all day. Maybe I'll bring the quad and spin donuts all day..lol

Domenic
2003 kdx200w/kx frorks

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

This will only be my second time riding northern Nevada desert. The same group I'm going up with this trip took me to Yearington (sp?) Nevada last year. Thing about the desert is: the scale of it all is SO BIG!!! What seems to be a small hill, turns out to be a monster hill climb. But not until you realize your bike is out of steam and you are no where near the top!!!

Your description has gotten me even more jazzed!! Come on Monday!!
Jerry

Domenic_200

Post by Domenic_200 »

I'm out :sad: Have a sick dog to take to the Vet tomorrow. Have fun with Bob, maybe some day we'll ride.

Domenic
2003 kdx200w/kx frorks

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Sorry to hear that Domenic., hope the dog isn't seriously ill. Let Bob know we are still going. Leaving Shingle Springs at 5am, taking 49 over to 80 and up over the summit. Take care of that dog now, ya hear?
Jerry

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Back from Moonrocks. We all suvived. It was AWESOME!!!
I'll start a new thread on the ride report and photos tomorrow, but just know that it was cold, there was a light snow falling at times, a dusting of snow on top of wet compacted sand and the traction was excellent. Everything Domenic said about it was true. The washes, the whoops, the hill climbs, it was all just the best. And what a great group of guys to ride with!!!
Jerry