Memorial Day Weekend; my place!

Planning a ride? Let us know about it...
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

It all sounds real good Jerry... 'cept you gotta have the money up front to drive there! :lol:

If you want a decent board then your gonna have to pony up some cash (tax deductable?) All that advertising and distractions make people dizzy and not able to concentrate on the job at hand. It really doesn't cost that much..... $150 will get ya a good start and will be good for a year... heck even get ya a domain name! :supz:
Everything else will be coding. And I can do that along with setting it up.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I'll get the money together and send it to you. Just don't do anything until you get the money though.

****EDIT****

You don't do paypal, do you? I want folks to donate to the site and want a link to my paypal to do this, like you used to.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

re: I, along with 5 other dirtbike riders, are now certified by the federal government.

Wow. That's a HUGE deal!!! I'm familiar with what it takes to just be able to run a SAW on federales land. It is flat ridiculous!! To run a trail groomer? Ha! Be prepared to invest your life, buddy!!

Congratulations!! That is a huge accomplishment!!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

We'll get something worked out Jer...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Back to riding:

Beautiful weather today, Rock Creek east side should open this weekend and the south end on May 1st. 'course it'll be dusty by the 20th.
m0rie, I still have that bandanna you loaned me. Still use it too!!

Now, don't anyone get hurt before then. I don't wanna hear of anyone bailing out!!

Like I said, the smoker will have some pork ribs ready to come off about 2 pm after about 8 hours of exposure to the mesquite and the beer will be sitting on ice in the wheelbarrow next to the front porch swing. The dogs are the offical greeters and lick to death any trespassers, so be forewarned.

And no, I won't be riding up the driveway on the KDX to meet you in the nude like I did for the last gathering I had here. (My in-law's still won't come visit when I'm home because of that incident) :partyman: In my defense, I had on my easter bunny ears and an easter basket so I wasn't totally nekkid.

Also, I've got a neighbor who routinely buzzes the neighborhood in his bi-plane early on Sunday mornings. I can't wait to beat him to the punch with a few two-strokes sounding revelry at 5 am. :twisted:

There's a spare KDX220 ready for someone to ride if you can't bring yours. Just thumb a ride down here and I'll set you all up; bike, gear, food and a bed.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Looking forward to it!

Looking forward to it!

:wink:

**edit**
Five in the ay em? M0rie told me under no circumstances was he getting up afore TEN!

I made that up...

BTW...having received threats from an un-named rider regarding the state of my health during (and probably before/after too!) this ride I am concerned. I'm telling you now...you will likely read all sorts of complaints and whining from some about waiting for me all the time, running over me 'cuz I wouldn't get out of the way, and jokes a-fly about my drownding and stuff.

Now....the complaints and whining will probably be justified...I'm not a fast rider. But I don't think leaving me out in the woods all night will be justified!

Do you?

Consider the source

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Doug and I did a pre-ride of Rock Creek; the first day's ride for the monkey's guests. Morning comes early when I plan to cover 75 miles in a day and still beat the heat in case the weather gets warm.
Up at 5, rolling at 6, breakfast at 6:30, staging area at 7:30, hit the trail by 8am.
The morning ride is a 45 mile loop I like to call "The Side Hill Slate Shuffle" It starts out at Bald Mt. and we will take leasurely ride on quad wide trails for a couple of miles to warm up the bikes and riders. This winds us down hill then we hit trail 4. We go up and down the west facing slope of Bald Mt. before we plunge down to Rock Creek road. Some narrow sidehills through manzanita, old growth forest and washed out trails that are down to the bedrock. Easy switchbacks but a real need to stay on the throttle once the turns are made. Some more side hill with the sun on your face and we cut back across the hill once again and head down to the main fireroad. This road connects us to loop 6 the easy way. Once through loop 6 and back out to the fire road for a connect over to trail 7. 7 isn't really a loop as it is an obstical course. It starts off as some very unused single track with a couple of wicked hairpins that immediately follow what seems to be an open natural jump ramp. Hit the ramp hard and you get a bird's eye view of the hairpin as you fly over it. HaW!!! Down to the bottom of the ravine, some quick turns climbing out and some dust here due to logging and sun. A short fireroad connects us back to 7 and we dive into the woods again. A few small water crossings and we pop out onto a natural ampitheater bowl of slate and low scrub. This slate is sharp and on edge. It's like a gear face to your knobby and you have full lock-up with maximum traction. You'll need it. From this view point I'll show you the trail crossing the hill but you won't believe it's ridable. Don't worry, I'll lead, you watch me cover the whole sidehill and hill climb on the other end........ Then I'll watch you!!! After this, we head up a dry creekbed of stairstepped rocks that is so narrow, the bushes won't let you fall over. The sharp bends in the trail and the steepness along with the stairsteps will have you howling for joy at the fun of it all. We will catch the ridgeline and pitstop at the top of Slate Mt. where I have a microwave site we can tour. Back down the fire road to loop 6 but this time we take the kicker trail out and down.......and down.......and dowwwwnnnnnnnnn. The final switchback isn't ridable by humans and walking the bike here is expected. We will take another break on the bridge, then climb.........and climb.......and climmmmmbbbbbbbb. Now we hook up with trail 1 and head generally back to the staging area for lunch about 12:30. After a beer and some grub, we take the second loop. It's about 30 miles, maybe a tad more, and it has some faster sections in it for cruising and passing mixed in with sections with names like "the lobster claw", "deep water crossing", "depth charge", and an up hill that has more roots than you ever thought imaginable. We finish the ride with a long crawl uphill to the top of Bald Mt. and the staging area by 4pm. Pack up and on the road by 5 pm and home by 6pm depending on how many stops we make for liquid refreshment.
Time left to clean gear and service bikes before dark and mosquitos drive us inside. Dinner during this time; something BBQ'd since it is California. More drinks and talk, then off to sleepy time so we can do it all again at Elkins Flat the next morning.

I won't leave anyone in the woods, how could I take photos if I'm not there to document the event?!?

Is it a tough ride? Not for Carvr or m0rie for sure. I've seen them ride. It will be a good time and a test for machine and man. I stick in the lunch break back at the staging area for any wimps who wanna bail, but the easier ride is the afternoon.

On day two at Elkings: It's a couple thousand feet higher in elevation, rocky, and smaller. Where-as Rock Creek has over 100 miles of single track, Elkins has about 45 or so. But, it connects to Gold Note for a fun 28 mile loop in the afternoon that includes a wicked fun hillclimb and some fast, wider trails that let you pass a downed rider without having to run over him in the process. WE also loop back to the staging area at lunch here too, but again, the afternoon loop is an easier ride but faster conditions.

Sounds like fun? I hope so!!! If you pass muster on this stuff, then the next trip, I take you on the real trails. Stuff we find by researching old mining claims. The theory is; if a mining claim is there, someone must have made a trail to get to it. Sure, some of these where abandoned over 150 years ago, but if a mule made it, we can too. The clubs research and organize work crews. We enter the trails and exit them by walking the bikes 100 yards or so in, and never use the same path into the trails. It's secret stuff. The club even meets at a location that's a 2 hour drive from where most of the members live to keep out the free loaders. Not many guys will drive 2 hours each direction for a club meeting, attend at least 4 meetings too, before being invited on a ride.
Jerry

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I'm getting nervous...... :neutral:

Yeah...I've seen you and m0rie ride, too. 'Keeping up' as a plan (my plan) is likely not realistic.

Maybe it's time for a 'Respect your elders...' speech?

Consider the source

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I'm 50 this year and Doug is 55. Other riders in our little group are even older.

Now, don't worry your pretty little head over it and have bad dreams. Hee hee hee!!!!

We are going to have so much fun!!!!!
Jerry

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Well...there ya go! Ya'll way to old for me! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I don't think Doug counts. Wasn't he birthed out of an S/A snout?

You're still a punk kid!!

Well...actions speak louder...and all that....... :wink:

Consider the source

fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

I would hate to go all the way to the west coast only to get spanked by a couple of guys your age.... :mrgreen: And the probability of that is 100% me thinks... :prayer:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Well, there's a KDX sitting in my trailer just waiting to be taken out for a spin. Also, 2 extra sets of riding gear; one is for a 160-190 lb rider including boots at size 10, the other is for a 190-230 lb rider including boots at a size 13. It's a shame to leave that in the garage. Hyjack a plane and come on out!!
Jerry

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Well, maybe....but after ski gives you a good spankin' we'll go ridin'!!

Honestly...what an opportunity!! NO towing, NO sticker compliance tbls, NO proof of insurance hassles...just pack a toothbrush and come on out!!

Like REO says, 'I believe it's time for (you) to fly!!!'

Consider the source

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

We will have Doug join us on his Husaburg as well as another co-worker who has a KTM 525 and his son who has a honda CR450F. Should be fun to show up those high volume overpriced toys!!
Jerry

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Is nation still going to be riding with us?
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

>|<>QBB<
m0rie wrote:Is nation still going to be riding with us?
???

What nation?
Jerry

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

From one of your earlier posts:

4. A new member here will be joining us: nation. He lives less than an 1 1/2 hours from me and his parents live right in Georgetown where the Rock Creek/Mace Mill/Bald Mt. riding areas are.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I'll check and see. I forgot about him. We met on thumpertalk or KTMtalk; can't remember which.

Right now, for sure is you, me and Brad.

Doug says he'll make it but sometimes his plans change. He's going into the studio soon to cut an album so that might make a change in his plans.

Jeremy and his son Bud are wanting to go. Jeremy for sure but Bud works Saturdays at the Kawasaki dealership so he may join us on Sunday.

Small groups are usually better; less time sitting around waiting for the crashers to pick themselves back up or the slowpokes to make it. I don't wait around for folks who get lost though. So stay close!!!
Jerry

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Fewer riders = less dust.

I see how this is setting up. No, you would leave anyone out in the woods, but you won't wait for 'em if they get 'lost' either.

yep. I better pack some victuals (that's vittles to y'all) and a sleeping bag.....

Gee, ski. I knew who m0rie was talking about. What are you, anyway...almost 50 or something?

Consider the source