Memorial Day Weekend; my place!

Planning a ride? Let us know about it...
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Memorial Day Weekend; my place!

Post by skipro3 »

Well, it's less than 6 months until Memorial Day weekend and I thought I would let you folks know that you are invited to my place if you are interested in riding California trails. One thing though: On June 1st, I'll be taking off to San Diego for my youngest son's wedding!! Of course, you are welcome to hang around the house and keep riding, just that I won't be back until the 4th of June.

So, make your plans, I plan on taking off work from about the middle of May until the end of May to ride with anyone who shows up. On the 28th of May, my wife and I have our 31st wedding anniversary. I will still be riding that day, just that she wants me to take her to dinner that night and says she won't wash my bike that day either. That is if she's even in town and not down in San Diego helping get things together for our son's wedding.

See ya soon!!! :partyman: :partyman: :partyman:
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

I'm looking forward to making it down! Hopefully Trev is still going to make it over and Inda and Fuzzy are going to come out?
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

"31st wedding anniversary"
Congrats.
Thats a "Last Man Standing" Event :lol:
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I'm saving my pennie's Mo. Haven't gone too well lately due to the existance of RB Designs but we will get there. Even if the trip is shorter than I am intending it to be, I (we) will be there !!! I can't miss it, my concience (read: lil voice in my head) would choke and strangle me to death. :evil:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Trev: Once you are here at my place, there will be no costs involved. You are my guest. Stay as long as you wish.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Geeze Jerry you are way too kind, I really appreciate your hospitallity and generousity. Mel has recently closed her pet store down so the time frame we stay shouldn't be an issue now. I'm thinking we may head over a week or two before Memorial Day, do Hawaii then hit CA.

Soooooooo 'no costs' hey ?!? Hmmmm well that Hawaii tour is sounding good, as does Vegas and........ :lol: Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust kidding !!! :lol: :lol:

Now regarding 'stay as long as you wish'..... Pulease don't tempt me with such offers as you may just find a permanent resident living in your basement.. And NO I'm not kidding about that !! :twisted: :lol:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

What I meant to say was, no costs involved in staying here with me. Hawaii, Vegas, etc; you are on your own. The vittles are stocked, there's gas in the car, there will be a dirtbike ready to ride. Heck, there's a car for you to drive if you think yo want to brave California drivers!! It's insured and I could do with replacing it if you total it out.
Once the dogs get used to your taint, you'll be just like one of the family.
Jerry

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

We don't have dogs to suffer through..and the same (the no cost part) applies to those that make a stop up this way. I hope that is still in the plan somewhere. Ya'll welcome up here, too!

I plan on being @ Ski's.

Aha...KayD is already shortening up his stay, 'eh?
KayD wrote:Even if the trip is shorter than I am intending it to be...
THAT is onerous............. :hmm:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Once he's here, Brad, we won't be letting him go home until we say he goes home. A call to FBI, CIA, SS, NSA, etc will see to that. No consitutional rights for anyone not a citizen!! How do you spell Gwantonamo?

But don't worry Trev, we'll take good care of your new bride!! She's in safe hands while you are being tortured, er, interrogated. :lol:
Jerry

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

:lol: That's cool Jerry, I can visit my ol' mate David Hicks. :cool: I hear the saunas work well there. :rolleyes:

I was hoping to spend around 7 days there but that may have to be cut down to 3-5 days, but don't think for a second that it will be my only visit, it will be my first that is all. :mrgreen:

I did say I was joking Jez about the all expense paid vacation. :wink: But you knew that, right ? :wink:

RE taint and dogs: Dun wurey I lurve dogs..... YUMMMM !!! :twisted: :lol: Speshly with Vegemite and beetroot. :wink:
canyncarvr wrote:THAT is onerous............. :hmm:
I'd call it more like GRATUITOUS !!! :razz: :lol: Your kind offer is greatly appreciated and if Ski's says "YAY" then it is also gratefully accepted. :mrgreen:

Man, I'm gonna have to find like 3 jobs and save every penny. :oops: Oh well, it'll be well worth every cent... :mrgreen:

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

MOST of the trouble/effort is the GETTING here. Once you ARE here, might as well stick around!!

Besides.. you will have a hard time leaving without your passport..even if it IS proven to be counterfeit!

BTW, don't go feeling special. We don't have constitutional rights for citizens neither!

Consider the source

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Carvr; I will break his spirit here on the easy trails of California. Then we'll show him what single track is really all about up your way. You know, the kind of stuff where, if the rider in front of you gains more than 50 yards distance, you are lost!!! Do we give him a radio to beg us to find him? It would make a good audio file!!!
Jerry

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

HA, HA DE HA HA :razz:

Please be kind to a fellow KDX'r, you's are scaring me now. :blink: :lol:

I'll bring my own UHF, so there.... :razz: and GPS and EPIRB and SAT phone and .... :lol:

I preshiate the kind hospitality all the same... :partyman:

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Sure! We'll give him a radio. We can see if he ever figures out how to put the batteries in the RIGHT way!! :wink:

But...the audio file would be a hoot, too!

Heck..with all this jivin' starting so soon...I might as well be up front to start with and tell ya'll that I'M going to be the one you're waitin' on!!

It's going to be a blast!

Consider the source

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

You'll be behind alright...unless I miss a turn...again! :roll: Then i'll waiting and wondering where everybody went! :lol:
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Domenic_200

Post by Domenic_200 »

I'm down in Roseville..ride most of the NorCal trails :supz: Wouldn't mind joining in with another kdx rider some day. Give me a shout if you need company after the snow melts..

Domenic
2003 kdx200w/kx frorks

PIC's http://photobucket.com/albums/y168/daudisio
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

You bet Domenic!!
As you know, Geogetown area has been closed since the 18th since we have not had the required 48 hours of drying out to ride it since then. With the snow pileing up at Elkins, I got desperate and rode out at Prairie City today with my son. It was sloppy but we had a blast anyway, watching all the little kids on their new Christmas presents. Sooooooooo, PM me when you wanna go riding and I'll let you know when I head out again too.
Oh, and keep the Memorial Day week open for some great fun with some great riders!!!
Jerry

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Well as sad as it is to think and say, I may not be attending this year after all.
:cry: :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry:

As some may know my fiance had a large pet store which due to several reasons we had to close. So guess who has to pay back almost $100K.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I just have to keep telling myself, ONEDAY..... :sad: :please:

I think the shipping fees to get my stuff from Jerry will be the last KDX related goodies for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

I wish to whole heartedly appologize for any inconvenience I have caused to you Jerry and Brad. As you can probably guess I am absolutely devestated and didn't even want to post it in case I can end up coming but I would only be kidding myself and giving false hope. Well I'm off, I'm going to find a nice, dark cave to hide in for the next like 200yrs.... :blink:

Again sincerest appologies go to everyone involved in organising my stay and ride.

I am affronted, annoyed, antagonized, bitter, boiling, browned off, bummed out, chafed, choleric, convulsed, cross, displeased, enraged, exacerbated, exasperated, frantic, frenzied, fuming, furious, galled, heated, hot, huffy, ill-tempered, impassioned, incensed, indignant, inflamed, infuriated, irascible, irate, ireful, irritable, irritated, livid, mad, maddened, nettled, offended, outraged, raging, riled, sore, splenetic, storming, sulky, sullen, tumultuous, turbulent, uptight, vexed and just plain $hitty about the whole deal.

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Trev, you are too hard on yourself. Dirtbike riding is fun, never a negative. So quit beating yourself up about it. Remember, I'm always ready to ride whenever you are able to make it.

What you need are some new parts to play with. I'll get them boxed up and on their way this weekend. Nothing cheers up a dirtbiker than new toys to play with.

BTW, it's big news here in the USA about the fires you guys are having down under. Hope all is well with you and your family and friends. 111 degrees in Sydney? Did I hear that right!!!????
Jerry

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

>|<>QBB<
Domenic_200 wrote:I'm down in Roseville..ride most of the NorCal trails :supz: Wouldn't mind joining in with another kdx rider some day. Give me a shout if you need company after the snow melts..

Domenic
Hey Domenic!
Going riding this weekend, interested in joining us? We are planning on going to either Georgetown or Moonrocks. Moonrock preferably but I don't want to get stuck on the wrong side of the Sierras if a storm comes in. The guys I work and ride with have Friday off so I don't know yet if we are going Friday or Saturday. If I were a betting man, it will be on Saturday for Moonrocks or Friday for Georgetown. Let me know and we'll take some photos to rub Trev's nose in. (That's what friends do, right?) :razz:
Jerry