Idaho ride, anybody interested?

Planning a ride? Let us know about it...
clutchcover
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Idaho ride, anybody interested?

Post by clutchcover »

Just seeing if anyone wants to do an Idaho ride. I'd like to make a group ride, and would be glad to host/cohost/ guide/shofer a ride over here if anyone is interested. Only about two months left this year, and riding resumes in mid may. I'm game for either season and what ever works best for everyone is fine. If there is interest, I'll get some plans together. :partyman:
97 Kdx200
Summuda goodies.... But not quite enough.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

interested............INTERESTED?!? You're kidding right?

OF COURSE I'M INTERESTED!!!

I'll Bring Doug along too if you don't mind a KX500 slowing us down.

Wib, CC, m0rie? Come-on boys, it's time to ride!!!

Weekend dates I have set aside and can't go are:

Oct 8/9 Working (on-call for the whole week of Oct 4-11th)
Oct 14-17th My Kids and Grandson are coming to see me, Grandpa!!!
Oct 22/23 49er Enduro (Can be cancelled due to too much rain or too much dust. I will know at least 1 week prior)

The Oct 8/9 on-call week-end could be swapped with another co-worker if I know enough in advance to make a change with someone. So that means the only real date that I absolutely can not go is the weekend my kids come bring the grandbaby up to visit me.

Weekends I will be available for sure are:
Sept 24/25
Oct 1/2
Oct 29/30
Nov everything plus I have the whole week of Thanksgiving off.

My wife's sister and husband (my sister-in-law / brother-in-law) live just outside Boise near hwy 21 just before getting to Idaho City. That is about a 10 hour drive from my place. (Just as a reference for you.)

I think it's great that you are willing to host a ride!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
clutchcover
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by clutchcover »

Late October is probably the best, however, if Oct. 1-2 or 8-9 is better, I might be able to shuffle a little to make it work without a problem, and it may be a little warmer. Shouldn't be snow till late November other than a few isolated storms, but the trails close up Nov 15. I'm about 4 1/2 hours outside of Idaho City, and the scenery doesn't get good till you get a little closer to where I am. No problems with the KX5, my brother rides one too. Not sure how rugged you are, but fall camping here isn't too bad, just dress warm. Bring an assortment of jets, as the temps can range 40 degrees from day to day. Shoot me an email, and we'll get the ball rolling on some plans so I can make sure not to have anything going on that weekend.
97 Kdx200
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

You bet. I'm up for camping anytime. Cold don't bother me, (I'm a ski instructor, remember?) unless I'm sick. But even then, I'm going riding!

I might drop my wife in Boise so she can visit her sister while I go riding.

I might have to swing through Oregon to get Brad, Wibby and even m0rie to join up though!!! Ha!

Good times ahead!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

I just read Clutchcover's note/offer.

Like to chip in and say I'm good for a couple of cases of beer if you guys make the trip. I would enjoy meeting and riding with other forum members. Although I have never met Clutchcover, I look forward to hooking up and ride some of the trails in the Poky area.

To be truthful, I saw an earlier thread with the strong hints that a IRD should be set and intentionally did not respond to the prod due to some family circumstances. My mother is 84 and just had her hip joint replaced and is currently still in the hospital in Montana. My father is 93. Both frail due to age issues and I've been running back and forth between Montana and Idaho. Around the 25th of this month a decision will be made whether Mom goes into a nursing home (transition phase) or is able to return home with my Father with some help from part-time nurse assistant/aid. So I'm sort of caught in a limbo situation not knowing what is going to happen and how much assistance my parents are going to need over the next 2-6 weeks. It is extremely possible that I will be spending a good portion of the next month in Montana assisting my parents. I just really don't know much more than this right now.

Therefore the only real commitment I can make is the beer - but hey, that not TOO BAD of a start is it?? :lol:
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Best of luck with the folks IC. :grin:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Just get clutch's address and mail us the beer. We'll drink to your parent's health!

Moms and Dads aren't around for long, so you are a good son to take such thoughtful care of them in their need. I hope Mom makes it home to Dad!!!
Jerry

IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

Ski - Once a date is set - if I can't make it down I will send $$ to Clutch for the beer. Otherwise I will be bringing it down. Hell - I would like to met you characters!!

KayDeeExer/Ski - Thanks - something will work out.
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I thought Idaho was on the Memorial Day venue?

We've got a Prospect ride 10-8 that we've been trying to setup for most of the summer. 10-30 is the local RMA poker run...come to think of it, course flagging is going to take up at least the earlier two weekends. Come to think of it just a tad more, October is just about full-up already.

I'll stay tuned if things tend toward the first part of November....

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:We've got a Prospect ride 10-8 that we've been trying to setup for most of the summer.
We do?

Whose WE? :: :cry:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Yea, Whose WE?? :neutral: :cry: :sad:

October is looking tough for me too. I'm getting volunteered by my wife to head down to Mississippi to help friends rebuild. Two weeks she says, just isn't telling me exactly when; late October/early November is all she'll say.

Wib and Carvr, m0rie too; get down here soon. I've found a new riding area that will be open until Oct 15th. Then it closes until Memorial Day. (maybe. maybe it will never be allowed to open again.) It's an awesome A rider area that will make you think of golden stairs!!! Don't be frightened, I just want to see if it's too much for Trev and anyone else coming out this spring. No dust, it's all rock; a place called Slate Mountain.

Idaho around Memorial Day? +- a couple of weeks? I should be good to go then.
Jerry

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Armour that KX up Jezza and I'll be there with bells on, whether or not they are still on when we are finished is anyones guess though. :rolleyes:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Ha! He spelt 'em with an 'e'! Funny!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

HEY... don't make me move up there! :?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
clutchcover
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by clutchcover »

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Things got real busy for a couple days. Memorial Day sounds good, and thngs are pretty much open/thawed by that time. May be a little drift hopping here and there, but not much. We can get a little more planning done if it's happening then too. I'm still open for Oct/ early Nov if anyone can still make it. Early Novemeber is starting to look good for me now, and things are open till the 15.
97 Kdx200