KDX Riders at Draper

Reviews of riding areas...
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

KDX Riders at Draper

Post by jc7622 »

I was at Lake Draper in OKC today and saw four KDX's. Any of you guys on this board?
motorider200

Post by motorider200 »

Hello well I am from Stillwater. I have never been to Draper it would be fun to go sometime. I do frequent the 500 here in Stillwater. You ever do any riding there?
97 KDX200(225)- mine
01 KDX220- brothers
97 XR400- dads
dirt kid

Re: KDX Riders at Draper

Post by dirt kid »

>|<>QBB<
jc7622 wrote:I was at Lake Draper in OKC today and saw four KDX's. Any of you guys on this board?
:shock: :shock: :shock: If you see a #116/216 CR85 thats me. stop me and say hello. :grin: I assume you ride a KDX? Do you race OCCRA?
Identify yourself. bike,number,gear.I have Berik boots,Sixsixone chest protector, and a One helmet.
04 KDX200, bone stock
06 RM250
03 KX125, KDX hybrid in the making.
I don't adjust valves if I can help it.
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

Reply 1 - I have ridden at Stillwater a few times and like it better than Draper. We live in Edmond so they are about the same distance. Stillwater is definately the right price. The first time I was up the in Stillwater I saw several KDX's.

Reply 2 - I will look for you the next time we go. I am on a KDX, basically stock right now. I am usually with my son, who rides a KX65, and his friends (four KX65's, one KX100 and a KTM125). We haven't raced OCCRA yet. My son will this year. I may do one or two of the more fun ones.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

I ride drapper with 4-5 other guys every saturday morning and I'm the only KDX guy. I haven't been there in the last 2 months since my little "kips incident" where I trashed my cutch. I've got the engine pretty much ready to fire, but am waiting on the rear shock to come back from fredette (serviced and re-valved for wood).
I'm hoping to have it good to go this next week end, can't wait.
We go to stillwater maybe 2-3 times a year, it's a nice change of scenery from drapper.
I live in edmond too, PM me when you go, or you can look for a golden hatchback ford focus and a trailer, that's me.
dirt kid

Post by dirt kid »

My dad rides a YZ250. black Oneal gear, red helmet
04 KDX200, bone stock
06 RM250
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

scheckaet, I'll PM you the next time I have advance warning that I am going.

dirtkid, I can only remember seeing one CR85 there. He was jumping that stepup/double right at the entrance to the motocross track. was that you?

Have either of you guys, or anyone else, ever ridden at Cross Bar Ranch? I am curious about it and have heard good things about it.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

Cross Bar Ranch
Yep! this place is by far the best place I've been. It is big, lots of different type of terrain, water crossing, tight wood, rocks, open field...the scenery is also pretty neat too.
This place is awsome.
We might go there soon next year.
dirt kid

Post by dirt kid »

jc7622, nope not me. I should jump that. :sad:
04 KDX200, bone stock
06 RM250
reddirtjoe

Post by reddirtjoe »

I rode Stillwater the 26th, the 27th and the 28th of Dec. I went to Kaw lake area the 30th. From all the mud, I assumed Draper would have been closed. Me and G/F should be at Stillwater this Sat. It is about 40 minutes from me.

I have been to Crossbar once, it is pretty awesome place, and we are planning a trip there soon.
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

Draper was a muddy mess. Lots of holes full of water with chunks of ice floating in them. I have a friend who ride there last week after the ice storm and said there were so many limbs on the trail they spent two hours getting to the grass track and back.

How was Stillwater? How does it compare to Draper assuming both have the same amount of rain?
reddirtjoe

Post by reddirtjoe »

The first day of Stillwater wasn't to bad. By the third day it was pretty sloppy, as more riders took their tolls on the trails. I rode a poker run at Draper last year in the mud/ice and Draper wasnt as slimey as what Stillwater was this last week.
dirt kid

Post by dirt kid »

I was supposed to go riding last friday at Draper but my dad doesn't like mud.
04 KDX200, bone stock
06 RM250