Rode Deepwater Missouri.

Reviews of riding areas...
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Rode Deepwater Missouri.

Post by jafo »

Well I got out yesterday before the Monsoon hit. I was going to go to Merwin and ride on the MX track, I need some practice. But it looked like the rain was already hitting there so I went south east and headed to Clinton Lake. When I got there I drove right past the parking area. I just did'nt see it. After I got unloaded I was warming the bike up and looking around. It was kind of like Perry, very very dry. I have riding buddies that won't even go to Deepwater because it's always wet and badly rutted from quads. I took off and went out and just started exploring. I like the trails accept for one fact, there is a hell of alot of LOW over hang. I could hardly ride upright most of the time in the woods because of the low tree limbs. I was tooling doen one trail and hit a buch of limbs and they ripped my goggles right off! But it was pretty good riding, better than I thought it'd be. I could see that if it were wet there, it'd not be very much fun. I think part of it was strip mines. They had large areas of big mounds in the woods and small deep ponds near by. It reminded me of finger lakes area in Columbia alittle. I like the wide open areas too. I spent most my time there. They have what I call fast tracks built there. It's basicaly loops in the open area. Almost like a race track. You get on one of these loops and you'll hit some burms and jumps. One thing I seen, you'd have to be careful of and thats deep crevaces. I went past one that was probably 8 foot deep and 7 foot wide. Bad thing is, you can't see it unless your right on top of it. If you opened up your bike across there you'd fly right into it. But all in all it was pretty cool. Of coarse it was a new area and me having my bum knee could'nt do some climbing like I'd like to have but I'll go back sometime..

Jon.