Looking For a Riding Coarse Around Drexel Missouri.

Reviews of riding areas...
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Looking For a Riding Coarse Around Drexel Missouri.

Post by jafo »

I heard of a large riding coarse and trails around Drexel Missouri. Does anyone know of this area? How to Get there? I think it may be located over on the Kansas side but not sure. I'd like to go check it out.

Jon.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I've done a search on it... came up with nothing.... sorry.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
sasrocks
Supporting Member

Post by sasrocks »

Its known as Merwin. popular park around here.

http://p088.ezboard.com/fforwardmotionh ... ID=7.topic
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

Thanks a bunch!

Jon.
sasrocks
Supporting Member

Post by sasrocks »

no prob. here is a phone # and directions

http://www.letko.com/html/extreme.html
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

Hey many thanks. I was getting alittle tired of Perry Kansas. Tbhis looks cool!

Jon.
Rod Smith
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rod Smith »

I am from the Kansas City area and in case you have never been there St Joe State Park in Park Hills, MO is a great place to ride also. No track or anything but there are what are basically sand flats from the old mine area. Also around the outside of the park and the lakes there are some great trails. There are two swimming beaches, great campgrounds, and great bicycle trails. Perry has gotten a little crazy for me. Also Milford Lake has an off-road area that is fun but the camping is all primitive there. There is also an area by Tuttle Creek called Randolph. The terrain is kind of like parts of Colorado. Just watch for Jeeps etc.

St Joe Park Link http://www.mostateparks.com/stjoe.htm
2000 KDX 220
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

I knew about St.Joe, never been there though. I've been going down to Chadwick. Heading that way after work next Friday. The last two weeks at Perry have'nt been to bad really, crowd wise that is. The quads have really changed the trails in the woods, some for the worse and some for the better. Perry is kind of like deepwater, it's not to good riding after heavy rains. To many deep deep ruts and takse for ever to dry out.

I've heard of Tuttle Creek before but can't recal where it's at. Kasnas or Mizzou side? I would'nt mind trying that out. I'm going to Merwin Sunday. Should be dried out pretty good.

Oh by thwe way, I'm in Blue Springs,,,, we might be able to hook up some time at a riding area. Hell we probabaly have ran into each other and just did'nt know it. :lol:

Thanks for all the info! riding areas are a premium around here.

Jon.
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

Well went to Merwin. Easy to find. Nice track. Pretty good trails, just not enough though. Very tight riding trails, alot of fun.

Jon.