KDX 200 in Aug Dirt Rider magazine.

Got questions? We got answers....
John Cena

Post by John Cena »

I gots a question for the people who know. :lol: Here goes, I was wondering how my 92 KDX 200 Might compare in power compared to a newer H model? My 92 has a modded air lid, Fatty pipe, power core silencer, Power reeds and is jetted pretty good

Thanks!

Trying to figure out if I get a H model KDX 200 in Oct or a KX250 :supz:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Lemetellya....

My old 92 is faster and more powerful than a new KDX. When I go over to my buddies house and he let's be ride it... I get a major rush! :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
mattR

Post by mattR »

Send an email to Jimmy Lewis. Bet you a box of Krispy Kremes he would do it.

Bummed my August DR still hasn't shown up yet.
97 KDX 220
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Hmmmm.......Maybe time to scoop up a cheap 92 off eBay.
Anyone know if the motor is a fit to the newer frame?
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I loved my 92...shoulda kept it! Damn....damn,damn! With a KX frontend.... she woulda been SWEET!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

John Cena: Are you talking about replacing the current KDX or adding another KDX/KX250?

I rode wsjkawasaki's '97 220R this past weekend for a couple of minutes. I think it was a little stronger than my '94, which is maybe a little stronger than my '87. I just don't think the various year models make a wide range of difference in power. The '97 looked narrower than I remember my bikes to be. I'd have to ride both back to back to get a fair comparison, and I was only riding hard for about 10 seconds this past weekend. Try to find someone to let you ride their '95 and newer KDX or KX250 to get a comparison. I would love to own a KX250 in addition to my KDX's.

skipro3 - On whether an E engine would fit in an H frame, I would be concerned about the perimeter style frame of the H models, since the E models don't have that. The head stay mount comes to mind. It may be different?
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Head stay is in front on the H models and in back on the E models. Fredette specifically recommends the E series motor for KX frame transplants for just that reason. The H series KDX 200 that I rode seemed just as strong as my 89. The ergos were just a little better around the seat/tank area. I'd look at putting a KX front end on if your trying to keep the costs down.

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

AH HA! There is some useful info. Thanks, m0rie.

I liked the look of the seat and tank junction on the H model, too.
John Cena

Post by John Cena »

Hi Jason! I plan on selling the KDX200 to a friend for a few hundred after I get my new bike. I'm thinking I might need a KX250. Probably get something like a 1999-2002 Anyone know which year KX250 has more low end power?

Thanks! :prayer:
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Just a few hundred?? Thanks, friend. :lol:

I don't need a KX250, I just want one. :lol:

Check some of the older sections of the Dirt Bike magazine, Dirt Rider magazine or maybe MX Action magazine websites.

I saw a 2000 or 2001 used KX125 at a sorta-local dealer today. I knew better than to touch it and get started thinking. :grin: At another dealer, I did have to put my hand on the throttle of the 2nd bike on the following page for a Kawasaki Konnection. :prayer:

http://www.hsvpowersports.com/specials.php
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I just dragged out a Dirt Rider from July 1994. The KDX has basically the whole front cover. :shock: It contains the 'spy photos' of all the 'new' 95's, KDX included. The KDX got a WHOLE page to itself aswell. Is it possible / allowed for me to scan the article and cover, host it elsewheres and link it back here ?? If not no problem I will email it to the interested parties.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

I would not be interested in such doings!

I already have that issue. :lol:
Duke

Post by Duke »

Kay Dee Exer

I would be interested in receiving a picture of the KDX article via private E mail. My account address is Leftduke@aol.com

Thanks

Bill
JD

Post by JD »

Did I read it correctly when they said they went UP two sizes on the mainjet? I went down two sizes, chucked the snorkel and drilled a bunch of 1" holes in the lid.

That might explain the soft power delivery.
'04 200
wanaride
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by wanaride »

Sorry but I must have missed something...who said they went up 2 mainjet sizes on a KDX??? That is certainly contrary to everything I've ever read about KDX carb tuning.
I love someone with autism!

2006 KTM 250XCW
2003 KDX200
2006 CRF70
2006 KTM 50 Mini Adventure
gwhII

Post by gwhII »

wanaride wrote:Sorry but I must have missed something...who said they went up 2 mainjet sizes on a KDX??? That is certainly contrary to everything I've ever read about KDX carb tuning.
In the "200's" article in this month's Dirt Rider. I was wondering the same thing. I'm down to a 150 main and still want to go a little smaller. Maybe they've got a large mosquito population they want to kill. :razz:

-G
'03 KDX200 -Mine
'03 CRF230 - Daughter's
'03 XR100R - Son's
'02 CBR600F4i - Street
'63 Seagrave 531B, '42 Seagrave Aerial
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

OK, this is a real late post, but I bought the Dirt Rider issue, and it is a great article on the KDX. Thanks for mentioning it, everyone.