Supporting Member III

Post by FLAKDX »

So I guess your saying I should scoop it up for that price LOL :supz:
03 220R
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

If you don't, let me know. I'll take it for that price and make an easy $100 reselling it on eBay. They go for at least $250 there. But if you do that, wait until just before enduro season. The guys will be willing to pay more then.

Actually, if you don't buy it and I can get it, I will probably get it for my riding buddy.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

The trail tech is good enough for me right now. It's inexpensive and hooks up easy and so far so good on operation. It's also easy to use. I'm not familiar with the other that your refering to. I'm in the try it then go all out deal right now. I'm going to try to be ready for the enduro in Sept. If I like it i'll probably look into some better equipment. But for now, I'm just riding for fun and trying out new things, and trying not to get maimed in the process. :roll:
FLAKDX
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by FLAKDX »

My trail tech finnaly arrived. :roll: Gonna install it tonight. Jafo what number did you come up with for your tire measurement. Did you just go by the destructions?? I remeber seeing somewhere the ballpark number folks were using but I can't remeber what it was.
03 220R
4Rider
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 4Rider »

FLAKDX-

Take the time to actually measure the distance your front tire rolls through several rotations. The more rotations you measure, the better. I usually roll mine at least 5 turns, then divide the total distance by 5 to get a single rotation "average". The instructions have a conversion formula for standard to metric, so you can use any tape measure you have handy. Do the rolling and measurements on a surface similar to what you ride on. If you do the measurements on concrete, you will have some error when you ride on dirt or sand.

Once you have done the calculations, write the number down on something you normally carry when you ride, like your registration, organ donor card etc. If you are like me, you also need to put your shoes and socks back on. Write down the input number in case you accidentally reset the computer to the default modes (I do this about once a year trying to reset something by memory)

If you take the trouble to do very accurate set up of the computer, it will be very accurate.
'02 KDX 220, '06 KTM 525 EXC Dualsport (CA Plated) '00 KTM 640 Adventure R (for sale), '04 KTM 400 EXC, '96 Honda XR400R Dualsport (CA Plated), Were not lost, we're right here......
FLAKDX
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by FLAKDX »

Thanks for the tip 4Rider. So much for the easy way out :blink: Looks like I'm screwed for tonight anyway. The kit they sent me was for XR's and CR's the rotor bolt magnet is all wrong so I had to order the M8x12.7 bolt direct from Trail Tech. $8.00 bolt and $9.00 shipping :hmm: :snooty: :cry:
03 220R