rb mods vs. dynaring

Got questions? We got answers....
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

rb mods vs. dynaring

Post by Julien D »

So i got a little cash as an early x-mas present. I need a new air compressor for the shop, but i'm thinking about spending this on the bike. If I decide to, would you go with the RB carb mods or I can save pennies for a while and try and jump on that dynaring deal. My head is already rb'd.....

Just wondering what ya'll thought. Probably leaning toward the RB mods, since I probably need a new clutch basket before I install a dynaring anyway. That adds up to a pretty hefty bill......
Coop
Supporting Member

Post by Coop »

I'd go RB, but I am not in love with the "auto" clutches. That would be one of the last mods on my list. I wouldn't mind having one eventually, but suspension and other performance gains are higher up on my KDX priorities :).
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do" - Mark Twain

2003 KDX200
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I think you answered your own question.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I'd go with a RB

I'm not sold on the auto-clutch deal yet, especially seeing the torture that Jerry's puts on his chain :shock:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Yup, I kinda did answer my own question. Just needed my daily affirmation :)

Still considering the dynaring. I'll give it a few weeks anyway, and go one way or the other after the holidays. I have been wanting to RB the carb since before the dynaring even existed, so it would make sense that I do that first.
sped66
Supporting Member

Post by sped66 »

Like you, the RB mods are very high on my list. The only reason I jumped on the dynaring first is... I know how my luck goes. I had to make sure I got the $299 deal while the getting is good. Maybe it'll stay that low forever... maybe not. But I don't trust my luck in such matters.

I have several friends with autoclutches that enjoy letting me test their bikes & I'll tell you what, it's like dirtbike heaven in the truly tight stuff.
I'm still doing RB mods mind you. But I knew instantly that I was jumping all over the dynaring at that price. :supz:
In the stable: '00 KDX220R, '02 XR250R
Gone but not forgotten: '80 XR80, '87 XR200R, '94 KDX250, '01 YZ426F, '86 XR220R
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Yeah, that's kinda what got me too. An auto clutch for $299 is pretty hard to pass up. I've been wanting to get my carb off to Ron for so long now though, it seems a shame not to since I happen to have the money to spare for once.
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

I have wondered about how an auto-clutch may offset work done to provide crazy right-off-idle performance....as the clutch will be getting slipped at this throttle position at lower speeds.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
sped66
Supporting Member

Post by sped66 »

I haven't installed my Dynaring yet, but from what I understand they are quite tunable.
Gone but not forgotten: '80 XR80, '87 XR200R, '94 KDX250, '01 YZ426F, '86 XR220R
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I love how they control wheel spin.... I think you could make just about any tire work in the woods....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:I love how they control wheel spin.... I think you could make just about any tire work in the woods....
In that case I don't need one

I have the best thing for controlling wheel spin right here http://wibby.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Te ... EmEe-L.jpg
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
David_L6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by David_L6 »

Since you think you'll need a clutch basket too, and money is tight, I guess that getting the carb done would be first priority.

The Dyna Ring is definitely a worthwhile upgrade also, IMO.
2000 KDX200 / 2002 CR250 / 2003 CR250 / 2008 TT-R230 / 2011 Brute Force 750 / 2012 Brute Force 750 EPS
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:I love how they control wheel spin.... I think you could make just about any tire work in the woods....

I have the best thing for controlling wheel spin right here http://wibby.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Te ... EmEe-L.jpg
Why????
sped66
Supporting Member

Post by sped66 »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:>|<>QBB<I have the best thing for controlling wheel spin right here http://wibby.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Te ... EmEe-L.jpg
Chewed up bubble gum?
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

>|<>QBB<
rbates9 wrote:>|<>QBB<

Why????
because he can :shock:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

>|<>QBB<

Why????
So KDXQUEBEC has wallpaper. :mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I was going for this look

Complete with a Mr Peanut tattoo
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
Coop
Supporting Member

Post by Coop »

:mrgreen:
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do" - Mark Twain

2003 KDX200
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:>|<>QBB<

Why????
So KDXQUEBEC has wallpaper. :mrgreen:
Are you talking about the desk top back ground, or his bedroom?
kdxquebec
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by kdxquebec »

'89 KDX 198cc '03 Gasgas Ec250 '13 Husaberg Te300
*CANADA* LEADING THE WORLD IN BEING JUST NORTH OF THE UNITED STATES.