How do we age these bloody bikes?

Got questions? We got answers....
moto_psycho

How do we age these bloody bikes?

Post by moto_psycho »

Okay, so I've cut a section of the frame out and I can't count any rings in the metal, so that method is out the window. But how do we age these bikes? Chassis number? Engine number? My bike is registered F reg (1989) but has the USD front end, maybe it was fitted later or maybe its actually a 94 model?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

:lol: USD forks were used in 93 and 94. I believe you can run the VIN of Kawasaki's site.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Coop
Supporting Member

Post by Coop »

If you are in the US, this site works great. I use it all the time:

http://www.motoverse.com/vinDecoding.asp
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do" - Mark Twain

2003 KDX200
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
moto_psycho

Post by moto_psycho »

im UK :( i think my bike was an import as it has an 11 digit VIN... and was registered in 2002 but has an F registration (1989) but has USD forks....
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Pics help.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

over here in the UK the only kdx200 model with the usd forks were the SR versions (usually anodized blue with kayaba stickers on the fork legs)..these bikes also had a smaller carb too than the usual 200/220 so you could check to see...they were imported from 88-92 & maybe even later...another identification is some also came with a locking fuel cap & aluminium flywheel cover instead of plastic.
moto_psycho

Post by moto_psycho »

you are correct! am setting to undo the SR de-tuning immadiately. ally fly wheels cover and oil pump is an uber bonus tho!!