CAN YOU...

Got questions? We got answers....
Budget_89KDX

CAN YOU...

Post by Budget_89KDX »

I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find it but can you put the 95 and up top ends on the old 89-94 bottom ends?reason I ask there's a place that salvages atvs a town over and he's got some newer looking kdx's thought when I wore this one out I could "upgrade" to the newer more reliable top end for its kips.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

No.. they are different.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Budget_89KDX

Post by Budget_89KDX »

What's the differences in particular for why you can swap them?
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

cylinder - bottom end don't mate, kips design different. in other word they don't fit
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Never tried it, but have looked into it as much as I can from diagrams and parts fiches. I think it would actually be doable, but you'd have to have the inner RH cover from the H along with the actuating rod for the KIPS. With those pieces you MIGHT be able to frankenstein it together, but you'd still have a problem of clearance on the frame, and angle of the exhaust.

In short, I think you could build the motor, but you'd have an extremely difficult time fitting it in the frame. The H has a big bulge on the frame side, where there is already little clearance on the E bike.
Budget_89KDX

Post by Budget_89KDX »

Sounds like its outta my league.I thought maybe if it wasn't too bad I'd try it but I'm not up for that.