"powernow"

Got questions? We got answers....
220ripper
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

"powernow"

Post by 220ripper »

has anyone seen or used these before? are they basically a cheap alternative to an RB Carb Mod?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KAWASAKI ... 1512wt_758
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That installs at the rear of the carb... RB is installed at the front with other mods being done to the slide and other carb components.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

They do have one for both sides of the carb. They claim that for best performance you need both. After you buy both you have spent more than the RB mod and still do not have the slide mod or other tweaks. Cheap? No. Quick? yes. Better? I would have to say no.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I believe I remember Rich Rohrich over at dirtrider tested them and found them to be snake oil
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by frankenschwinn »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:I believe I remember Rich Rohrich over at dirtrider tested them and found them to be snake oil
Can that be used in lieu of ATF type F in the tranny?
David_L6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by David_L6 »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:...snake oil
EXACTLY!
2000 KDX200 / 2002 CR250 / 2003 CR250 / 2008 TT-R230 / 2011 Brute Force 750 / 2012 Brute Force 750 EPS
99sr220
Supporting Member

Post by 99sr220 »

A lot of money for a small piece of steel. If you just went for the divider plate from RB it would be less and (from what I've read here) you have good back up service from RB.
220ripper
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by 220ripper »

Yeah, I'm going to send my Carb and head into RB. Going to break my bike down over xmas holidays
808hondacrguy

Post by 808hondacrguy »

4 out of 5 dentists say that Power Now is CRAP! Seriously, I put the whole system (front and back) on my CR250 and did not notice any difference. I heard that it works better on a 4 stroke, but my $200 should have been spent elsewhere. :sad:
jbowens2401

Post by jbowens2401 »

good choice, you will love the RB mods on the 220...it really wakes up the sleeping beast. then you will be able to leave those two hunnys in the dust :mrgreen:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

MMmmmmm not quite. :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Budget_89KDX

Post by Budget_89KDX »

Forgive my ignorance but what exactly does RB do to make these engines wake up so much?I'm not doubting the performance I'm just curious what exactly is done to the head and carb.from the way you guys talk he's got a magic wand that he waves over the parts to get them to perform the way you guys claim they do.
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

A good question, Budget....

All I have is my experience to offer

I had a stock 220. It was awfull.

I adjusted the jetting and put a rev pipe on it. It was much better.

I researched various things I could do to further improve performance. I got most of that information here but also some other sites.

I decided to send the head and carb to Mr. Black. While that was going on I also put a new piston in, replaced all the linkage bearings, fixed a sticky KIPS valve problem and changed the fork oil.

When I was done, I had a new bike!
I suspect a lot of folks do the same. They send thier stuff in while doing other stuff.

These are just my opinions:
I think the head mod did more for what I wanted on the 220 than the carb work.
The carb works much better. The low/mid rpm performance is nicely tunable. The motor performs much better at the higher rpms as well. It was worth it to me.
I have so far found that the most effective way to improve suspension and handling is to perform maintenance on the existing equipment. I'm done riding around wondering about shim stacks and preload while my linkage bearings tirn to rusty dust. HA!
I think
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy