bleeding the air from the coolant system tips

Got questions? We got answers....
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I run Engine Ice in both my bikes, just because someone gave me some

But eventually the kdx ends up just running straight water, from having to refill it though out the course of a ride
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Budget_89KDX

Post by Budget_89KDX »

I like and run the redline stuff called water wetter.never used the purple ice stuff.but the water wetter works and really good stuff especially for those of you in the warm climates year round that want to run water it has additives for anticorrosion and the lube things like water pumps need.

I know a lot of circle track guys that use it and recommend it with straight water for best results since it lowers the Watt surface tension.can't comment on that though I run it in with my 50/50.
Budget_89KDX

Post by Budget_89KDX »

>|QBB|QBB|QBB<[/url]
Fortunatly, 2 strokes are nearly impossible to overheat (KTM 300 being an exception). That's why so many people use them in the Erzberg and other extreme enduros.
Most clouds of steam have a 4 stroke under them. :wink:[/quote]

then what's up with my bike? I've got Devol rad guards, and everything else is stock. When riding slowly on techy uphills she likes to overheat. I've bled the air out of the coolant when I changed the coolant to a 50/50 premix from the stock coolant that's been in there for 5 years.

it's to the point that I carry a small bottle of top up coolant on the more difficult rides.

Any suggestions? The radiators are not dented and no tubes appear pinched. I've drained the coolant and didn't find any blockages.

Engine is stock 2005 KDX220 (yeah, I know - change the piston)

Image[/quote]

Have your cap tested.any autoparts store should have a tester for sale or rent.autozone had one to fit my buddy's raptor.it came in a big kit to pressure test the coolant system as well as the caps.couldn't tell you a price though.
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

220's seem to do this more.

Search on here as it was covered a lot years back. I believe the solution was a different rad cap w/ slightly higher pressure.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I run a 16# cap on my 200

It has helped a lot but I still boil over when I lug the piss out of it
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

I wonder if you could run some computer fans off the coil
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
heckler

Post by heckler »

new OEM radcap is on order.

and my Wiseco piston/bearing/wristpin! Prepare yourselves for the first timer top end rebuild questions.... :oops:
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
heckler wrote:new OEM radcap is on order.

and my Wiseco piston/bearing/wristpin! Prepare yourselves for the first timer top end rebuild questions.... :oops:
Hope you don't have to pay an OEM price for it

Could have just taken your cap down to an auto parts store and matched up a new one
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))