Might need some seat foam

Got questions? We got answers....
turtle
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Might need some seat foam

Post by turtle »

I've pulled the seat cover off to replace it and found the seat foam in ... questionable ... shape. If I decide not to repair it and want to replace it instead, what is the best (aka cheapest :wink: ) source y'all have found? Thanks.
Bill
Central IL
2004 KDX220R
2011 Triumph Tiger 1050 SE
Coop
Supporting Member

Post by Coop »

CEET lists it as $54 on their site and I see it for that price on ebay as well. I thought I saw it on RMATV but I just looked and couldn't find it.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do" - Mark Twain

2003 KDX200
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
ihatefalling
Supporting Member

Post by ihatefalling »

I bought a guts racing foam for my DRZ. I picked the grade of foam that was said to be as soft as the KDX. It was just a touch firmer than the KDX....just a touch. I like it on the DRZ.
2005 KDX 220
R&B Carb Mod
R&B Head Mod
Fork Swap - 99 KX125 Valved for B woods plush
FMF Gnarley
Airbox Mod
Tagged
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

Check out your local upholstery shop, like the ones that do boat covers and what not and see what it would cost to have them remake the foam if yours is still at least resembling the shape it once was.
turtle
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by turtle »

>|<>QBB<
rbates9 wrote:Check out your local upholstery shop, like the ones that do boat covers and what not and see what it would cost to have them remake the foam if yours is still at least resembling the shape it once was.
That was my thought as well. The foam is pretty ate up over the seat brackets. I checked with a shop I have worked with in the past yesterday. They weren't real thrilled with the idea of trying to rebuild the foam given that I have a seat cover already purchased. They were concerned the shape would be slightly different (a little wider, mainly) when they were done and the cover wouldn't go on. I'm not sure I blame them.

I might check with another shop just for good measure. I'm also considering buying the Guts foam. I hate to spend the $$ but a couple hours at a shop is probably going to be close to the cost of new foam. The dilemma of not being independently wealthy ...
Bill
Central IL
2004 KDX220R
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Gotta electric carving knife?

My buddy Radioman

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=464631 :supz:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
turtle
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by turtle »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:Gotta electric carving knife?

My buddy Radioman

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=464631 :supz:
Impressive!
Bill
Central IL
2004 KDX220R