pressure suit

Got questions? We got answers....
jbowens2401

pressure suit

Post by jbowens2401 »

Can someone give me some advise on what brand pressure suite I should get and what size. I have nowhere local to try any on. I am 5' 7" 160lbs

Thanks,

John
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

I'm about the same build as you are and I have the evs BJ 22 ultra x ballistic suit (about 170 bux). I wear a large and love it.
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by frankenschwinn »

I have a rockgarden flak jacket. Large and a 661 pressure suit. Same size as you and wear a large in both.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

I'm 5'8" and weigh 150. I have the AXO Air Cage Pro in size medium. They go for $170. I could probably wear a small as I have most of the adjustments shrinking it down to ft me. However, I really like how it fits, nothing gets out of place, and it has saved me many times. When this one wears out I plan on buying another one.

BTW, I compared it to the EVS G5 Ballistic ($155) and Alpinestar Bionic 2 ($225+). The AXO was more comfortable than both. IMO, the AXO also has considerably better protection than the Alpinestar (collar bone and arms) and slightly better than the EVS (arms).
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
jbowens2401

Post by jbowens2401 »

Thanks for the advice guys...I have nowhere local to try one on so I wanted to make sure I got the right size when ordering off the internet.

Frankenschwinn,

Which do you like better, the rockgardn or the 661. I found a new 2011 661 vapor suit on ebay for 119 with free shipping. When I called 661 yesterday, and told them I had a 38 inch chest and 32 inch waist, they recommended the medium so all the pads would stay in place. Are my dimensions similar to yours?

Also, I just found out that the local shop now carries the fox titan. Does anyone have any experience with it.

Thanks again,

John
wylde3

Post by wylde3 »

I had never seen these before. Do you guys still wear your chest protectors on top of these? One more thing for me to spend money on :roll:
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by frankenschwinn »

I like the protection of the rockgarden better. I have raced DH Mtn Bikes for several years and both have served me well. I think I could go down a size on the rockgarden. I have a buddy that has the fox model and it is also good. Most of them are about the same. Go to cycle gear and try some on

I have not worn mine since it warmed up here and have since goten a roost guard. I find it a bit too bulky for most riding. The protection is comforting though.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Just an FYI, I'm 32" waist and 36" chest.

>|<>QBB<
wylde3 wrote:I had never seen these before. Do you guys still wear your chest protectors on top of these? One more thing for me to spend money on :roll:
These replace a traditional roost/chest protector. They provide far superior protection in almost every area.
'11 GasGas EC250R
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

And HOT as hell.... I would overheat in 10 minutes... guaranteed!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

It's actually not as bad as you'd think.
I was skeptical at 1st like you Inda, it is true if you are standing still, it get pretty hot, however as soon as you have airflow or a breeze, they are as comfy as a regular chest pad. The fabric sorts of acts as a heat exchanger when sweat or water evaporates.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

>|<>QBB<
scheckaet wrote:It's actually not as bad as you'd think.
I was skeptical at 1st like you Inda, it is true if you are standing still, it get pretty hot, however as soon as you have airflow or a breeze, they are as comfy as a regular chest pad. The fabric sorts of acts as a heat exchanger when sweat or water evaporates.
Yep. Sucks when you are not moving but you won't notice any difference while riding.

Also, if a Midwest guy like me can handle it riding in the AZ summer heat then anyone should be able to!
'11 GasGas EC250R
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:And HOT as hell.... I would overheat in 10 minutes... guaranteed!

No ****.

I've got a buddy that wears one. He's shorter than me and built like a cannonball

By the time he gets that contraption on and a jersey or jacket over it he's just one big ball of sweat. Then he's stuck wearing it the rest of the day

I like being able to take my chest protector off when we take a break
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Coop
Supporting Member

Post by Coop »

I don't know, I have an EVS Ballistic and when it's hot I don't even wear a jersey over it, just a t-shirt under it. Then when we stop, I can easily take it off. I find it much easier/faster to put on than everything separately :) .
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do" - Mark Twain

2003 KDX200
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

>|<>QBB<
Coop wrote:I don't know, I have an EVS Ballistic and when it's hot I don't even wear a jersey over it, just a t-shirt under it. Then when we stop, I can easily take it off. I find it much easier/faster to put on than everything separately :) .
Same here. I wear a Starter long sleeve, moisture wicking, compression shirt underneath and no jersey. The only time I ever wear my jersey is if it is cold out. Also, I can remove the whole setup in about 10 seconds.
'11 GasGas EC250R
jbowens2401

Post by jbowens2401 »

Thanks for all of the replies. I found the AXO Air Cage on sale for 89.99, so I'm going for that one. I'll let you guys know what I think when I get a chance to ride with it.

Thanks again,

John
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

>|<>QBB<
jbowens2401 wrote:Thanks for all of the replies. I found the AXO Air Cage on sale for 89.99, so I'm going for that one. I'll let you guys know what I think when I get a chance to ride with it.

Thanks again,

John
That isn't bad for the standard version. I think the Pro is definitely better but it will give you an idea on how the suits fit/wear and whether or not it will work for you.
'11 GasGas EC250R