1993 KDX 250 Jetting

Got questions? We got answers....
greenpickle

1993 KDX 250 Jetting

Post by greenpickle »

Hi, just bought a '93 KDX 250, bike runs good, but seems to be jetted way too rich, and I was wondering if anyone may know what to do, what jetts to use, slide maybe? and where to set the carb adjustment screws. Bike is stock, Kehin carb, and I ride in the midwest. Any help is appreciated. Thanks !!!! (Also, where can I get them? Does anyone have a rear fender on a side note)
Always looking for 1993 KDX 250 parts!
exbee

Post by exbee »

I have the same bike and the jetting I use at sea level is a 158 main, 38 pilot, and a R1367H needle on the leanest setting. I believe my airscrew is set at about 1-1/2 turns out. My bike runs really well with this jetting although it does foul plugs from time to time when I lug it a lot. Apparently this should not be happening though because the KDX was designed to be ridden at low rpm for extended periods. The only other recommendation I've read for leaning it out further is changing to a #5 carb slide. Oh, and I still have the complete stock exhaust on which could be making it a bit rich too.
You will be happy with those changes alone though if your bike currently has the stock jetting.
nearma12

Post by nearma12 »

In my 91 KDX250 I run:

38 Pilot
155 Main
#6 Slide (#5 is stock)
R1370H Needle (R1368H is stock I think)
Air screw is usually 1 1/2 turns out

I also have an FMF Gold Series Pipe and Boyesen Power Reeds, so my jetting may be a little different than a stock setup.

My bike runs great with this setup. Leaner jets will really wake up the motor, but you really need to get a leaner slide or have the stock one cut down. It is almost impossible to get rid of the mid-range sputtering with a stock slide. The leaner needle really helped too. I am in Illinois, so our elevation should be pretty close to the same. Since I rebuilt my top-end and started using this jetting setup, I haven't fouled a plug. Even lugging around a lot.

The jets and needle I got from my local Kawasaki Dealer. The Slide, I had to order from an engine shop online. I can't remember the name of it though.

If you have any more questions about the 250, just let me know. I will try to help.

P.S. I am running a BR7ES Plug instead of BR9ES. [/i]
greenpickle

Post by greenpickle »

Hey, thanks alot, I will try it out, cuz it runs really rich. Appreciate the help!!
Always looking for 1993 KDX 250 parts!