FMF FATTY pipe jetting

Got questions? We got answers....
Budget_89KDX

FMF FATTY pipe jetting

Post by Budget_89KDX »

I got my pipe today looks awesome.I was looking over the literature that came with it and it recommends up to a 48/158 I don't remember what the low side was and it its raining.Im assuming my 45/158 and CGL needle 2nd clip from the bottom jetting is going to be ok to start with?it was spot on with the dynoport header that was on before I did many plug chops before to make sure and plan to do so again.

I realize no one can say for sure since there's too many specifics to take into consideration but am I in the ball park in your opinions?what are those of you running 89-94 kdx's jetting?I have all the basic mods that I'm sure most or all of you have. :butthead:
michael

Post by michael »

Ive got a fmf fatty, running 158 main, its a touch rich but i like to be a bit on the safe side. Cant remember what the pilot is but it is too rich, not by far though, ill check tonight.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Same pipe but I'm RB'd 148, 38 DEK clip #4

Elevation 1,200' - 4,500'
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
michael

Post by michael »

oh yeah, sea level. standard needle 2nd from top (that will change with the new pilot)
Budget_89KDX

Post by Budget_89KDX »

Ok good I was a Tad rich as well but not by much with my dyno port.I guess ill get a box of plugs and some 93 octane when I go to town and check it all out.thanks
michael

Post by michael »

I have a 48 pilot-its too rich.
Budget_89KDX

Post by Budget_89KDX »

While we are on the subject of this pipe what is its operating range low end mid or high?I did a search and didn't find much info on the 89-94's fmf fatty.most is on the gnarly desert and woods versions.

The dyno port is a mid to high end pipe from the small amount of info I did find on it.and I was curious how the fmf would compare since I can't find much on it.

If nothing else its pretty.lol
michael

Post by michael »

there was a thread on this not to long ago...

but anywho,

http://www.fmfracing.com/Products/MX/56