Cartridge-Fork Emulators?

Got questions? We got answers....
OLHILLBILLY
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by OLHILLBILLY »

I re-sprung my forks, played with oil weight a little, messed with the compression clickers, but after the first ride on the KX forks today.. I realized that fooling around with the stock forks was just peeing into the wind.
I have a whole different bike now.. :grin:
2004 KDX 200.. Coupla mods
2009 KX250F.. Track Star
2007 Hayabusa.. Street Madness
KDXrider1989

Post by KDXrider1989 »

If only I could find a nice KX500 front end and I had the money for it, I'd buy one. I've read previous forums stating that a recent model KX500 front end fits perfectly into an E-series KDX with practically no mods done to it
OLHILLBILLY
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by OLHILLBILLY »

>|<>QBB<
KDXrider1989 wrote:If only I could find a nice KX500 front end and I had the money for it, I'd buy one. I've read previous forums stating that a recent model KX500 front end fits perfectly into an E-series KDX with practically no mods done to it
Keep an eye on Ebay. New stuff showing up on there all the time.
2004 KDX 200.. Coupla mods
2009 KX250F.. Track Star
2007 Hayabusa.. Street Madness
zomby woof
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by zomby woof »

>|<>QBB<
exbee wrote:For what it's worth, Race Tech recommended a 0.42 kg/mm spring for my bike and weight (93KDX 250 & 175 lbs) but didn't have that rate so I got the 0.44s. These turned out to be far too stiff for me and I reverted back to my previous springs.
I know what spring works for me, but when I use the online calculators, they're all too heavy, with racetech's being the worst.
Ontario, Canada
KDXrider1989

Post by KDXrider1989 »

>|<>QBB<
zomby woof wrote:>|<>QBB<
exbee wrote:For what it's worth, Race Tech recommended a 0.42 kg/mm spring for my bike and weight (93KDX 250 & 175 lbs) but didn't have that rate so I got the 0.44s. These turned out to be far too stiff for me and I reverted back to my previous springs.
I know what spring works for me, but when I use the online calculators, they're all too heavy, with racetech's being the worst.
frpoffroad (Fredette Racing Products) recommended a .33 spring for my weight and bike, which is a .07 kg difference from what Race-Tech recommended. So I would think the swap to the .35 kg springs from an H-series KDX would work perfectly, I guess I'll have to find out