Cheapy Ebay Wide Foot Pegs.. UPDATE!!..

Got questions? We got answers....
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by frankenschwinn »

I have those same pegs on my hybrid. The last enduro was pretty hard on them. Both sides pretty bent now. The worst is the clutch side and I cannot pull the pin with the motor in...
OLHILLBILLY
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by OLHILLBILLY »

My whole shifter side mount is apparently bent back. I put the new peg on and noticed it pointing back a slight bit, stuck the OEM back on and could see it was bent back the same. I fell hard on that side summer before last, and I figure that was when it happened. Actually makes a little more room for my size 12 around the shifter, so no real problem. :grin:
2004 KDX 200.. Coupla mods
2009 KX250F.. Track Star
2007 Hayabusa.. Street Madness
sped66
Supporting Member

Post by sped66 »

>|<>QBB<
OLHILLBILLY wrote:Actually makes a little more room for my size 12 around the shifter
I couldn't help but notice how low your shifter is. I worry about getting my toes caught on something, so I raise the shifter till it's level or even a little higher. But that's just me.
In the stable: '00 KDX220R, '02 XR250R
Gone but not forgotten: '80 XR80, '87 XR200R, '94 KDX250, '01 YZ426F, '86 XR220R
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

>|<>QBB<
frankenschwinn wrote:I have those same pegs on my hybrid. The last enduro was pretty hard on them. Both sides pretty bent now. The worst is the clutch side and I cannot pull the pin with the motor in...
I have the same issue, can't remove the peg on the right side without removing the engine...sucks
OLHILLBILLY
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by OLHILLBILLY »

>|<>QBB<
sped66 wrote:>|<>QBB<
OLHILLBILLY wrote:Actually makes a little more room for my size 12 around the shifter
I couldn't help but notice how low your shifter is. I worry about getting my toes caught on something, so I raise the shifter till it's level or even a little higher. But that's just me.
Hmm, never had any problems with catching my feet on anything during a shift (yet anyway). It's been like that since I got the bike. And from how the bike was when I got it, I'd say it is from the factory in that position.
One of those "used to it there" things now, so I'll probably leave it as is.
2004 KDX 200.. Coupla mods
2009 KX250F.. Track Star
2007 Hayabusa.. Street Madness
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by frankenschwinn »

>|<>QBB<
scheckaet wrote:>|<>QBB<
frankenschwinn wrote:I have those same pegs on my hybrid. The last enduro was pretty hard on them. Both sides pretty bent now. The worst is the clutch side and I cannot pull the pin with the motor in...
I have the same issue, can't remove the peg on the right side without removing the engine...sucks
I blame you then...