run 1993 kdx 200 without powervlaves

Got questions? We got answers....
kdxmaniac
Supporting Member

Post by kdxmaniac »

>|<>QBB<
juliend wrote:lol. "just trust me"??

Did you sneak over there and mic his bore when we weren't looking? If not, it's pretty impressive if you can look at a fuzzy photo of a cylinder on the internet and say "hmmm... yep, that's worn out just about right for a wiseco"

Um, no. Not buying.

Hard to tell from the pics, but the bore looks worn. Have it measured before you go slapping a new top end in it. Excessive cylinder to piston clearance leads to piston slap, worn skirts, and eventually premature failure. I doubt kdxmaniac will foot the bill for those repairs simply because you chose to trust him.
you know something.........i got to reading your smartass remark again, and noticed this..................you said that i couldnt tell from a pic what the cylinder look like, but yet you turned right around and said the bore looks wore?????damn???? .......if you knew ANYTHING about motors, you would know pisting slap is from clearance, put a forged piston in there, and you wont have piston slap......... btw, only cast piston breaks the skits like that, they are WWWWEEAAKKK!

and to tydev95..........have you done anything on your bike yet?
my bikes
-------------
96 ktm 300
96 XR400R
07 hayabusa
77 kz 1000
85 goldwing 1200
02 BIG DOG PITBULL

gone but not forgotten
96 kdx 200
98 ktm 380 "because it dang near killed me!"
97 ktm 360
96 ktm 250
93 wr 250
94 dr 350s
93 kx 250
07 gsxr 1000
99 bandit 1200
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I love this forum! :mrgreen:

Where guys can be guys! :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
tydev95

Post by tydev95 »

the top end is apart, but i'm waiting for christmas money so i can buy the parts. i'm thinking that it might need a replate now, because i found that there's a ridge on top of the cylinder, and it's easily big enough to feel with a fingernail.
http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l58 ... 101923.jpg
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Looks pretty worn.... good idea on the replating.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
tydev95

Post by tydev95 »

yeah, i'd rather do it right the first time, it should run me about $500 for a top end kit, powervalves, and a replate, but my dad said he would pay 300, so its not that bad.