hibernation..

Got questions? We got answers....
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Post by Slick_Nick »

Read your bike rebuild blog. Can't believe you used that jug like that. I'd have been on the phone to EG...
'00 KDX 220R
bmiller

Post by bmiller »

>|<>QBB<
Slick_Nick wrote:Read your bike rebuild blog. Can't believe you used that jug like that. I'd have been on the phone to EG...
Had a slight problem on the first day too. Coolant leak,... horrible. Had to pull the head that night, new gasket and loads of Indian head,... now the water neck leaks a little.

He really screwed me.

Didn't have much of a choice. I really enjoy the 225 bigbore kit though. Loads of power, easily wheelie in 3rd at almost any throttle position on any incline. My riding buddy that busted his knee is working on a few videos he made with his helmet cam.
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Post by Slick_Nick »

I use 3rd for wheelies on my 220 with just RB mods.

I would send it back man, seriously you got screwed. I don't even think that's your original jug, I think he has ones pre made and he'll use th one you sent him for someone else's bike. Hence, you got someone else's junk cylinder.
'00 KDX 220R
eepime

Post by eepime »

Get some Stabil brand gas stabilizer, mix per recommendations, run motor till it is through the carb, and park it. I use this method for all my bikes, and it works great. In MT we have to park them for months at a time, and they start right up done this way.
bmiller

Post by bmiller »

>|<>QBB<
eepime wrote:Get some Stabil brand gas stabilizer, mix per recommendations, run motor till it is through the carb, and park it. I use this method for all my bikes, and it works great. In MT we have to park them for months at a time, and they start right up done this way.
Awesome,.. thanks.