Bike Cleaner mentioned below by KDX220Phil

Got questions? We got answers....
Mark W
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Bike Cleaner mentioned below by KDX220Phil

Post by Mark W »

Anyone know what this stuff would be? Interested in it for work relted activities.

"What do you use for keeping your bike clean. I know there are products available that make the cleaning procress much easier, but the bike -specific ones cost quite a bit around here. There is a product at the local bike store they sell for $20.00 CDN for 750ml. CRAZY!!!. You Spray it on the bike when it is clean and it acts as a polish and protective barrier for metals and plastics. Wont hurt the graphics either. It makes a protective, but slippery , coating on all parts wich allows for dirt, mud, and grease to be sprayed off with water."

Thanks -

Mark
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I wondered about that myself.

..Maybe the stuff from Silkolene? It's spendy (don't know what it is $$-wise in Canada). I believe the label describes it as a hard plastic protector.

Pretty good stuff. I use it on my Banshee. It won't make scratched up dirt embedded plastic look like new or anything but it does a good job on still-decent looking plastics.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

The stuff is called "Plastic Gloss". Made by Active Chemicals, Stillwater Nova Scotia. It appears to be a local manufacturer and I am not sure if it is available in the states. I just bought a bottle and will be using it this weekend, will keep you updated. I have heard so many good things about it, and although it is called Plastic Gloss it is not intended to be used only on plastics, but metals too.
Mark W
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Mark W »

Thanks for the info. Please do keep us updated on how thios product performs.

Mark