i need help!KIPS issues

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXsg

Post by KDXsg »

didnt know Inda since when you have become fairy cos you are god send..hahaha
A true KDX customizer!!
Budget_89KDX

Post by Budget_89KDX »

Ok I spent a couple more hours out in the garage cleaning these kips peices and I need glasses lol there are timing marks on the subvalves but man are they tiny.anyhoo I got the jug off and cleaned it up of all the carbon and found out its been sleeved.it looked like it had so I grabbed a magnet and it stuck.but the good news is its very thick so it has some life left and the piston crank and rod all look new as well.so I ordered a master gasket set says it had everything and the left subvalve.can't wait to see what I've been missing power wise.
Budget_89KDX

Post by Budget_89KDX »

Also just pulling the jub doing the kips I won't have to break it in again will I?also how do you guys stagger your ring gaps in contrast to the intake/exhaust ports?
KDXsg

Post by KDXsg »

you dont need our advise i think, just ask god sent Inda..haha.
A true KDX customizer!!
Budget_89KDX

Post by Budget_89KDX »

>|<>QBB<
KDXsg wrote:you dont need our advise i think, just ask god sent Inda..haha.
ooooooook how old are you?I'm appreciative of the guys help.his help is teaching me something I didn't know and saving me 70 bucks.I think that's kick ass so excuse me for being thankful of the guys help.now anyone know if I should or will have to break it in again upon assembly?
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

No break in needed after reassembly. Just take it easy for a bit, make sure everything was put back right.........Don't leave out on a 40 mile loop until after a couple of shorter loops...
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
Budget_89KDX

Post by Budget_89KDX »

Thanks I was wondering.