Another jetting question. Sorry...

Got questions? We got answers....
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Another jetting question. Sorry...

Post by rbates9 »

I'm just looking for a little guidance on the jetting change from summer to winter. About how much dose it change? A size or 2? I know I will need to test for my self but I don't have alot of time to play with it right now so the quicker I can get it good the quicker I can get in the woods. Thanks.
gregp

Post by gregp »

I live in MA, and I usually do not change my jetting at all. I prefer to jet my motors just a bit on the rich side, for longevity. In the winter, if I stay on the trails, the bike runs great, but if I plan on doing any lake or pond riding, where I may subject the motor long long periods of sustained high RPM use, I would run a one size larger main jet. In most cases, I just leave it alone.
2004 Dual Sported KDX200
1999 Ninja 250 (Daughter's)
1996 DR 650 (stock, mostly street use)
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

Where abouts in Ma do you live? I live about an hour from Lee. I was a little on the lean side for the summer so I will probably go up on both.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I've always been able to tell when my bike's to lean, and when it happens I just stop and change the jet on the spot

Don't over think it and make it harder than it really is :wink:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS