NO KDX220 FOR 2006

Got questions? We got answers....
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

THAT would be the bomb!

Or a 4-stoke KDX350 designed old school (read: solid) .... out of lightweight components... NOT CRITICAL ONE'S!!!!!!!!!

Not timed to the point of explosion.

I had a great 85 Honda XL350 that I absolutely loved... a tractor! Just heavy...that's the only thing that sucked about it. As dependable as the KDX and started just as easy.... 'cept with more compression.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
gwhII

Post by gwhII »

Mentioning the KDX250... From what I remember, the '04 KX250 motor's porting was supposed to be spot on for trail riding - not that much of an explosive hit like the '05 has. A used one in good shape may make a good trail bike.

As for dream 4Ts, I'd be happy with what you described above, just make it water cooled. Put the solid SS valves in from the get-go and how about a piston with a skirt too? One other benny I'd like to see is maybe a slipper clutch--may help with stalling.

-G
'03 KDX200 -Mine
'03 CRF230 - Daughter's
'03 XR100R - Son's
'02 CBR600F4i - Street
'63 Seagrave 531B, '42 Seagrave Aerial
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

Inda, I think Kawy makes a bike very close to that..It's called the Honda XR400. :lol: Okay, a little heavy, but 2 of my freinds have them. One of whom is faster than me by quite a bit. They seem to be very reliable so far, and start easier than the high performance 4 stroke bikes.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

XR400's are wide... big wide tanks too!
The KLX isn't too bad but the performance I hear is pretty bad compared to the Honda's. They really need to refine that bike. Hell I would volunteer my time to help! Call it the "Inda" ! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

This is gonna get me in trouble.... :shock:

A KDX is the only Kawi I'd ever own. Maybe a KX250....Maybe if I came accross one 2G's less than a blue 250. The KDX is by far their greatest masterpiece. It could use improved, and that ain't ever gonna happen. A refined model should've come out in 2000. This makes me have no loyalty to Kawi whatsoever. Their (old tech) 4T's suck. ALL the new MX 4T's suck, IMO so I'm not going to single out Kawasuki there. I've never cared too much for their street machines either...Maybe the H-Bombs, and the KZ1000. I guess my point is that other companies have at least tried to cater to the woods rider over the years, AND actually make improvements. Now, the KDX doesn't need much, but it could've used a new model 5 years ago.

Yami pissed me off when they whet all 4T in the WR line, but at least Yami was at the forefront of racing 4T tech. They were pioneering a technology(albiet one that ruined the 2T forever...LOL). Due to this, they prolly make the best modern 4T and they have made it in a woods model from the get go. Heck, they make two sizes! They fielded the WR250 the same year as the YZ.

I don't think I would ever mount a yellow bike that has a knobby tire, but if I was going crotch-rocket shopping I'd be hard pressed not to end up w/ a GSXR.

Not trying to praise others, and bash kawi but just trying to explain my opinion why no one Jap company is ever going to steal my heart enough to stay loyal to them. Now....If Chevy only made a woods bike...LOL.

Here's the one that's gonna finally put me down:
I want to see a kdx 250. not a 200 with a 250 in it but a kx that's set up for the woods...
They make them in Orange! You can even get it in MX w/ radical porting, Woods porting w/ close ratio trans and no lights, and woods w/ wide trans, lights, tank, plush conventional forks.....Imagine that!!
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
KDeanX

Post by KDeanX »

yeah I know... but at this point I don't want a KTM oops :oops: I said the K word. I still like kawasaki handling...
jackpiner57
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by jackpiner57 »

The reason that the KDX is so reasonably priced, is because they haven't spent tons O' money on R&D in years. For me it is a one of a kind offroad mount.

No other company makes a KDX and it is the price that made it possible for me to get back into offroad riding. A KTM will never be a KDX if for no other reason than the price itself. In a Dirt Rider article by Brian Nylander, he said "the KTM 200EXC is no KDX". He was loving the KDX he was riding.

Kawasaki could design a new bike, but then it might out of many peoples price range. Then it may as well be a KTM.
2002 KDX200
2005 KX85
2005 DL650K5 V-Strom
NETRA
AMA
Montshire Trail Riders
Vermont Motocross Association

I got stopped for speeding and the cop asks me "Don't you know the speed limit is 55 miles per hour?" So I said "yeah but I wasn't gonna be out that long."
cmot

Post by cmot »

Dean thats something I allways wondered about. Thats what customers and magazines have asked for for years. It can't possibly be a secret in Japan. But still Japan builds what it wants instead. They left the door wide open for KTM and others.
Just bury me when I can't ride anymore...
KDeanX

Post by KDeanX »

yeah