Pipes

Got questions? We got answers....
tcrdude
Supporting Member

Pipes

Post by tcrdude »

I am debating between the PC Platinum 2 and the Dyno Port for trails and dualsporting on my 06 200. If anyone has experience with one or the other, please share your thoughts. If you own an FMF Rev/Desert, how is your trail performance?

-Thanks!
Mildew

Post by Mildew »

I had never heard of Dynoport so I went to their web page. They don't have a picture or even a description of their KDX pipes. Have you read about them somewhere?
2004 KDX 220
2002 YZ 125
tcrdude
Supporting Member

Post by tcrdude »

A few on here and other places have compared them (not in any detail) to the Platinum 2. They are supposedly double-walled. Check out Google images.
BobbyZ
Supporting Member

Post by BobbyZ »

As far as Dynoport goes I know a few guys that run them on their sleds and they love them but its been ages since I've seen one on a dirt bike.I'm kind of curious as to how they'd be on a kdx :?

I personally think pipes are as much preference as they are performance.Sort of like suspension,I went through 3 pipes before I found one I liked.Even then I would still swap them for different types of riding instead of trying to get one pipe to work for all situations.

edit:I just decided to look at dynoports website and I must say the ceramic coating they offer looks nice,plus it'll keep the heat inside the pipe where you want it and cooler on the outside.Chances are I'll be sending one of mine to them shortly :supz:
KDXsg

Post by KDXsg »

anyone tried DG pipe. any comment on pro circuit platiuim pipe too?
A true KDX customizer!!
BobbyZ
Supporting Member

Post by BobbyZ »

I cant speak for the newer bikes but on my 93 E series I tried quite a few pipes and the PC platinum was the one I liked the best.It had the most gains up top without loosing much down low.

Its been a LONG time(94 or so) since I ran the DG and honestly I don't recall how it was.All I remember is I must have liked it better then the FMF because I left it on the bike for a little while before getting the ProCircuit pipe.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

KDXBUTTFLY has a DG on hers... and it works really well....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
bcdonyo
Supporting Member

Post by bcdonyo »

I'm running a PC pipe and silencer. Put them on at the same time as the reeds and the bike feels stronger everywhere plus the pipe fits as good as the stocker.