Well, I need a new muffler/silencer. What is recommended?

Got questions? We got answers....
barncat

Well, I need a new muffler/silencer. What is recommended?

Post by barncat »

My "nephew" was riding my 91' KDX 200, when he jumped it, and landed wrong, he busted my stock exhaust and fender off.

No time like now to get a new one. He has to bu it, so I am looking for a reasonably priced replacement. What recommendations do y'all have?
Bring on the Horseman of the Apocalypse. I will eat their Horses, and cause them to spread Death SLOWLY, in STOLEN Go-carts!
BobbyZ
Supporting Member

Post by BobbyZ »

The stock silencer isnt all that bad,I would just take a look on ebay for a good used one or ask around on here.If you cant find a used one fmf and pro circuit are both pretty good,I think there is some info in the sticky thread about all the common mods on the after market silencers.

On my e series I run the stock one when a spark arrester is required and a Pro Circuit factory sound shorty mx style when I feel like being loud and obnoxious and to be honest other then a little more over rev and top end there isnt much difference
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

The stock silencer is still the best option for any bike that operates offroad on public lands. Plus, the gain, if any, from an aftermarket silencer just isn't worth the extra expense unless you can't find a factory one.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R